Chapter 13

Enjoy.

Vincenzo

My eyes fluttered open. I couldn't see shit. My eyes were blurry as hell. What is going on? I tried to turn to look around me, but I was incapable. I couldn't physically do so. I feel something cold on my back. What is this? I think I'm on the floor. I don't fucking know. The only thing that's consistent right now is my thoughts.

It's silent, too silent. I can't hear. I can't hear! Fuck, am I deaf now?! I'm literally about to go ape shit. Okay, okay Vinny. You need to recollect what the fuck happened recently.

"On my mark, we move in. Don't fuck this up." I looked at the guys in my unit. We split off into different positions of the building and the area in general. We had done a little stakeout from a distance. Trying mark where men were and different access points to the building.

I was walking with a couple guys to our set position. We were trained to be quiet as hell. We even steady our breathing to make minimal noise possible. We began to move along side the building.

It's coming back to me.

Castor's operations was on a shitty ass pier. Who the hell would put a concrete ass building on this pier?! I shook my head and kept moving, the guys following behind me. I saw an access point we already marked. I mentally marked it again to myself. We rounded to the back of the building, which now overlooked the open ocean.

Water.

Beep. Beep. Beep. What the fuck was that sound? I turned around.

"BOSS-."

A bomb.

We literally got our shit blown. And now here I am. This is why I can't hear anything. My eardrums are fucked! I need to get out of here. I need to notify Stephen, somehow. This shit is hard as hell when you can't even move. Vinny, you cannot die here. You have to get your shit together now. This is no place to die.

Please, I can't die right here right now.

I forced my head to turn which was the most painful shit I've experienced. There was a stone wall. A bunch of debris was surrounding the area. I saw wooden planks cracked, bits of stone and cracked areas on the floor.

I also saw water coming through the cracks.

SHIT!

This pier is literally about to sink! I need to get the fuck out, right now! Damn it, come on Vinny. Get your ass up.

I started to move my arms and they actually weren't in pain that much. I sat up ever so slowly.

"Ah!" I yelled in pain. At least I thought I yelled. I can't hear shit right now. My back was fucked. Honestly, everything was fucked. I made it somehow to my knees and I started to look around again. Where were my devices? I know they were blown off, and my coordinates were probably all off. I just want to see if I can find them and create some concoction to notify Stephen.

I tried to get up, but I fell right back down.

My legs.

I could get on my knees, but my legs had no feeling. Damn this is bad, this is really bad. I guess we're walking with my knees.

I got myself together and started crawling and looking around. My eyes were bloody as shit, I had to keep wiping them away. Let's keep in mind, I still couldn't hear anything. My current objective is to find any scraps from my devices. Anything. Please, anything.

I looked around and saw my tactical vest. It was ripped, but my gun had still been in there. I took that and put it in my pants pocket. I looked behind me and saw the water. This building had literally blown to shit. I can't focus on that now though.