Chapter 44

Well folks, the countdown has officially began. T-3 Chapters left.

Stephen

"It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazine. Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine." Vinny rapped along with B.I.G. This was his all time favorite song.

We were currently in one of our bars just relaxing for a bit. We hadn't been out in a good minute, just the four of us at least. Giovanni was up and moving again, so it was a must for him to get out of the house.

We sat back, smoked cigars and had rounds of drinks coming back to us. I really enjoyed these moments. Of course when no one was busting down the door and shooting my shit up. That's only ever happened at one of my establishments.

We all know what happened to that guy.

"Giovanni, Fratello." Damien started as he raised his shot glass. "To you getting off your deathbed. God can't hold men like us down." We raised our shot glasses up put them against each other. We threw back the shot at the same time and put our glasses down in satisfaction. I was definitely up on my drinking tonight.

"Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate the welcome back party." Giovanni nodded at the three of us. "Hopefully it's all quiet on the Amante Family front?"

"It appears to be, Fratello." I replied back to him. "We don't have any problems yet. Let's put an emphasis on that yet." I told him.

"Preach." Vinny said.

We began to joke and laugh. More laughing on their part than mine. A few women came up to be company to the three of them. One sauntered over to me and began to sit on my lap.

"I would get off my leg sweetheart, my wife is crazy." I warned her. She chuckled a bit because she thought shit was funny. No, no it wasn't. I gave her one last warning glare before she got pushed into the next life. She nervously got up and made her way out the section.

"You are about to be a married man. Never thought I'd see the day." Giovanni said as he sipped his drink.

"The way you were whipped to your ex-wife had me scared. I'd say it's your fault why it took so long. " I said jokingly to him as I sipped my drink as well.

"Oh, go to hell." He shook his head. "She was something." He smiled a bit as he look up at the ceiling. "I wonder what she's doing now? Married to some fucking mailman."

"What you got against mailmen?" Damien asked him. Giovanni shrugged as he leaned into the woman who was sitting in his lap.

We all did another round of cigars, Vinny got the lady sitting on his lap to light it for him. His face lit up as he was probably undressing her with his eyes. I knew what he was going to be doing tonight. To be honest, the guys don't bring home a lot of women.

It's mostly due to the fact when we all lived in the same house, I was beyond annoyed seeing them in the morning. I would go down to the kitchen to see a half dressed woman in my fucking fridge. Needless to say, I made sure each and everyone of them got the message of what happens when you go through my shit. They never brought home women ever again, or at least never let them spend the night.

They all have their own villas now, so they can do as they please.

"I almost forgot. I need to let you guys know something." I started as I put my glass down. Damien motioned to the woman on his lap, asking if the women should leave. I shook my head and he nodded at me. "That man Jazmin had come over. Mr. Sung."

"Oh yeah, he came for dinner, right?"

"Yeah, something like that. We all were in the living room talking. Jazmin and him more specifically. Tell me why his collar stretches and I see a symbol from a faction of the Korean Mafia." I told them.