Chapter 11

Here we are. Before we begin, I just saw Trials and Tribulations is #7 on the charts for BWWM. Thank you so much. Enjoy.

Stephen

I sighed as I made my way to my office. I had so much work I had been putting off because I was trying to make sure Jazmin was okay. I was somewhat worried, more than I wanted to admit, that I had missed something during my absence. I left most of the work to Giovanni, Vinny and Damien. There were three sets of eyes on everything, so they shouldn't have missed anything.

I sat at my desk and began to go through the reports from some of the shipments we were importing and exporting. The report had basically told me how many of my guys were out there, how many of the other family's guys were there. I also got a list of names who were all present. It showed me how much the shipment value was, what kind of transportation it came on. It laid out everything in case something went wrong.

I was using the interface on my desk and I couldn't help but notice one of my shipments was still pending. This was from three days ago, shit. I feared this would happen. My guys always and I mean always close the shipment if everything went well. So the fact that it still said pending, some shit went down. Damn. Damn. Damn. I clicked on the shipment and the value was set at 3.5 million dollars. The money had still been transferred, but the shipment was pending! Hell no.

I went to see which of my guys were on that shipment. Danny, Mack and Travis. I was unable to see who the other guys were because my guys weren't able to put who was there. I picked up my office phone and called Damien. He handled all my shipments, his ass better know what happened.

"Damien, get into my office. Now."

"Alright." I hung up and waited for him. I looked through other shipments. I heard the door creak open and there he was. He sat down and looked at me. "What?"

"We had a shipment with Castor three days ago, correct?" Damien pulled up his phone to go down his reports.

"Yes we did." I looked at him with my arms crossed.

"Tell me, what is the status of that shipment?" He looked and I could see in his eyes, he knew he fucked up.

"Pending." I shook my head.

"Have you heard from Danny, Mack or Travis?" He ran his hands through his hair.

"Not at all." I didn't really care if Danny, Mack and Travis had lost their lives. In this life, I lose guys everyday. If I cared about every single one of them, I wouldn't have accepted this position. Danny, Mack and Travis could either be dead, or they could've fled.

With my money.

"So you didn't see this pending? You didn't see this at all?!" I glared at him. "If I wouldn't have said anything, or didn't check myself, you would've never knew." What the fuck else was he doing if he wasn't doing his job?

"Listen, okay I fucked up. I admit that, but this is not the time to fucking scold me. Either Castor's guys fucked us over, or Danny, Mack and Travis are fucking traitors. So maybe we should focus on that. Yeah?" I let out a bitter laugh.

"You let this simple shit you do everyday slip up by you. I will not overlook this. You will hear how pissed I am because I expect you to do your fucking job!"

"I do my job, Stephen!"

"Apparently not!" I stood up and looked out the window that overlooked my entire backyard.

"I will figure this out, stop blowing the shit out of proportion. I will handle it. I am wasting my time sitting here letting you yell at me like I'm a five year old. I'm not having it!" I quickly turned to look at him.