Chapter 7

Enjoy.

Jazmin

"Hello, sweetheart. My name is Stefano."

My heart had stopped, like literally stopped. What was this man doing in my house? I don't even know who he is. I assume he's a mafia dude or something. I mean, how the hell else would he get in my house like this? I can't deal with more of them. Stephen was already enough. 

"Um, what are you doing...in my house?" Stefano gave me a sinister smile. 

"That's no way to greet your guest." I laughed nervously. 

"Well, guests are usually invited so..." He laughed and shook his head. Why is this maniac still here?

"You're funny, sweetheart. But it's too bad I'm not here for a laugh. I'm here to talk business."

"What business do I have with you?" He started walking towards my little end table and messed with the stuff on there. 

"Well, you didn't have any business with me, but now you do." He smiled at me. This was insane. Why is my life all of a sudden like this? I just want to go back to my boring life. I know I complained but damn I take all that shit back!

"What is it?"

"You and Stephen Amante, is he your boyfriend?" I rolled my eyes. 

"No, he's not." He chuckled. 

"You seem to be close, no?" 

"No, we are not close." I glared at him. Stefano walked over to me and looked me up and down. Gross. 

"Well, he shouldn't have a problem with me taking you, correct?" I widened my eyes. No, hell no! I just got home! 

"Well, he actually wouldn't. So..."

"Well, how about we find out?" He went to grab me but I dodged him! 

"Get her!" Two other guys came out of no where and were attempting to get me. I had to think on my feet quick. I hurled a lamp at one of them and it actually got them in the face! Yes!

"You bitch!" Stefano was running after me along with the other guy who didn't get hit with the lamp. I stormed out of my apartment and down the stairs. I was running my ass off, like running. You would've thought I qualified for the Olympics. I was not about to get kidnapped again. Especially by these punks. 

Pow! Pow!

They're fucking shooting at me. I ran out of my building and I was actually getting away. I saw the public bus pull up at the stop and I quickly got on. 

"Come on, come on. Go." I said to myself. I kept looking out the window to see where they were. They finally had left the building and they were looking around. The bus finally pulled off. Let me just tell y'all. I don't know how the fuck I got away from them, but I did. He also wasn't the best at catching me either. 

I was literally so out of breath. I never run, at all. So if you see me on the street running, you better run too! I looked around and people were giving me weird looks, but they were trying to hide it. They weren't good at it. I don't even know where the hell this bus was going. I checked my pockets. I had no damn phone because I broke the one Stephen gave me, and he took mine so. 

The bus pulled up at another stop, and I got off. I looked at my surroundings and I was actually near my mother's house. I sighed and began walking, it was going to take about 15 minutes. As I was walking, I began to think to myself. 

All this was so stressful. Now, I have to watch my ass so that Stefano dude doesn't find me. My mother and brother can't know about any of this. I don't like to lie to them, and they're going to know something is up anyway. They know me like the back of their hand. This was going to be hard to explain. Then I began to think about Stephen. He was so angry. But I wasn't going to let him speak to me any kind of way.