➵ twenty seven

"OH DANG.. IS THIS LIKE A LOVE SQUARE?"

"SHUT UP."

Luther Hargreeves. September 29, 1962.

"I'M THINKING LEX LUTHOR FOR YOU," Luther looked up from his bowl of cereal and saw Rosaleen rushing down the stairs with a comb in her hand.

Luther raised an eyebrow, "Good morning to you too."

Rosaleen nodded as she opened a cabinet, "Oh right, morning," she looked up and groaned, "What did I say about putting the cereal box at the very top Luther," She stood on her tip-toes to reach for the box of cereal on the top shelf. Her fingers barely touched the box as she pushed the box further in instead, resulting in a spill of profanity to escape from her.

Luther chewed with his cheeks filled, watching Rosaleen in amusement as she cursed endlessly, cussing him and the cereal box at the same time.

"Goddamn—Luther!"

Luther chuckled and stood up, walking over to Rosaleen. "Alright, I'll grab it for you."

Rosaleen scoffed, "Damn right you will, you always do this shit," she moved to the washroom that was right next to the kitchen, the brush in her hand and the door wide open.

Noticing this, Luther snorted, "And I guess I'll make your breakfast for you too, as always."

Rosaleen combed her hair, looking at herself in the mirror as she spoke back to Luther. "You're the one that puts the box on the top, so you have to make it for me," she peeked out the door, "Plus, you still do it despite your complaining. Can you make me some bagels too?"

Luther nodded, his back turned to her. "Yep, I'm already on it."

Rosaleen grinned and set the comb on the counter. She left the washroom and moved to take a seat across from Luther's, eyeing the newspaper he was reading.

"So," Luther glanced back at her as he opened the fridge for cream cheese. "What's this 'Lex Luthor' you were talking about?"

Rosaleen clapped her hands, "Oh right! Halloween is coming and Vincent plans to throw a small Halloween party when the time comes. I was thinking that you should go as Lex Luthor!"

Luther raised an eyebrow as he took the bagels out of the toaster and placed them on the plate. He reached for the cream cheese to put on the bagel as he looked back at Rosaleen, "The supervillain?"

Rosaleen nodded.

"Why him out of everyone in the comics?" He questioned. "And don't tell me just because his name is Luthor, which is spelled differently from my name."

Rosaleen stayed quiet. When Luther looked back at her with a smug look, she tried to convince him, "Well, you're close to being bald so if you just shave a bit more, boom, literally Lex Luthor."

Luther finished making Rosaleen's breakfast and set it in front of her. He took a seat across from her and dug back into his own cereal.

Rosaleen thanked him as she eyed him. "So.. Is that a yes or a no?"

Luther sat up and pursed his lips, giving her a blank stare, "I made you pancakes and bacon from scratch last weekend, Rose, be nicer to me."