➵ thirty seven

"WOW, THE REUNION OF THE EX-BOYFRIENDS, HUH?"

"TECHNICALLY, I'M THE ONLY EX HERE, WE ACTUALLY DATED."

Diego Hargreeves. November 12, 1963.

"LUKE!" Diego was hopeful to hear the voice that called after them but he pursed his lips at the name. The two men stopped and looked back to see Rosaleen jogging toward them with Angelica by her side, holding her hand and dragging her along.

"Why did you toss Five like that?" Angelica asked once the two caught up with the brothers, "It was pretty funny though."

The four walked side by side.

"Yeah, what was the point of that? Don't you wanna stop the end of the world, Luke?" Rosaleen asked, "We can get out of here."

"Look, maybe trying to stop doomsday is exactly what starts it." Luther said, "Did you guys ever think of that?"

"Oh, so we do nothing?" Diego questioned. He peered over Angelica and Rosaleen and then looked at Luther, "Since when are you a quitter?"

"Since the last time I destroyed the world by overestimating my own importance." Luther answered, stopping in his tracks to look at Diego.

"So this is about you never living up to the old man's expectations bullshit, huh?"

"Maybe. I don't know, I mean, we're all crazy where Dad's concerned."

"Oh I'm not. He's an asshole, I'm awesome. That's very simple."

By now, the mother and daughter were trailing behind the Hargreeves brothers. Since the topic of their father came up, the two didn't have any contribution to the conversation so they trailed behind them, commenting on the boys' conversation.

"This entire family has major father issues." Angelica whispered to her mother.

Rosaleen nodded, "I've never met the man but from what I've heard and seen so far, he needs to get his ass whooped or something."

Angelica went silent for a moment, looking at her mother. "We have so much to talk about, Mom.. But we have so little days."

Rosaleen paused, gulping. She shook her head and threw her arm around Angelica's shoulder, "We're going to stop doomsday, and then we'll have all the time in the world to catch up." She glanced at Luther who was standing face to face with Diego, talking, "I'll just need to convince Luke to help."

Angelica grinned, "Right, about Luther. This whole friendship of yours really caught everyone off guard but I like it. I never expected it though."

Rosaleen snorted, "You think I did? I took knitting classes for him and drank his disgusting coffee he attempted to make from scratch. It tasted like shit. I had diarrhea for a week."

Angelica's eyebrows raised in amusement, "Things really have changed."

"..can't you leave JFK alone, hm?"

That caught Angelica's attention.

"I'm a hero. Heroes stop crime."