➵ twenty two

"LEENA,"

"I'M GLAD I MET YOU, SPANDEX."

◊

"VIXEN..?" Rosaleen looked at Klaus with a raised eyebrow as he looked behind her with wide eyes.

"What about her?"

Rosaleen saw Aubrielle and Angelica freeze as well, making her follow their gazes and look behind her. Her eyebrows furrowed when she caught sight of the fox walking behind her, sniffing around the place.

"What the hell is this?" Rosaleen turned to the fox as Angelica stared at the fox incredulously. Aubrielle let out a squeal and hid behind Klaus but Klaus quickly jumped behind Rosaleen.

Aubrielle and Klaus were to be lookouts while the rest went in after Allison. Rosaleen chose to stay back to make sure Angelica was safe and protected. She did not want to separate from her daughter.

"She's scary." Aubrielle whispered to Klaus.

Angelica didn't seem afraid as she stared at the fox. She was feeling a bit intimidated, knowing that the fox almost took her mother's life, but she didn't feel frightened by the presence of the fox.

"How is she out by herself?" Aubrielle asked frantically, making Rosaleen shake her head.

"How am I supposed to know?"

Klaus snapped his fingers, "Wait! Pogo said something about this! You're able to let Vixen wander herself and command her."

Rosaleen scratched her head, "I didn't even command her to leave me.. How the—" Rosaleen sighed and furrowed her eyebrows at the fox who came up to Angelica and leaned her head on her hip. Vixen was larger than regular foxes which made the others cautious around the animal. She was in the form of a spirit but by the way she leaned on Angelica, they could still touch the fox.

That meant if Aubrielle or Klaus said the wrong thing, the fox would be able to jump them and physically harm them.

"Hey, what's going on? Why did you separate from me? Is this even allowed?"

"The two men will need your assistance. I will protect the child." Vixen spoke, her voice low and strong.

Klaus let out a yelp, "My gosh, she can talk,"

Aubrielle continued to hide behind Klaus, peeking over his shoulders. "Wait, we're gonna be left alone with the fox?"

Vixen looked over to Aubrielle, making her eyes widen. "I apologize for what happened in Rosaleen's mind, Aubrielle. I will do my best to protect you guys as well."