➵ twenty five

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GLAD I AM TO SEE YOU."

"I'D NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THIS BUT I AM TOO."

Luther Hargreeves. April 19, 1962.

"THANK YOU—SHIT!" Luther's eyebrows raised in surprise as he turned around and bumped straight into someone.

The woman he bumped into was holding a tray of fries but after bumping into her, the tray flew out of her hand and all over the ground.

"My fries!" The woman cried out in horror. Luther furrowed his eyebrows at the voice, it sounded familiar to him. "I just got them literally a second ago!"

"I am so sorry ma'am, I will buy you ano—" Luther felt himself freeze when the woman snapped her head up to look at him with incredulous eyes. He felt his heart race at the sight of a familiar face.

"R-Rosaleen?" He asked in shock, eyes growing wide.

The woman turned out to be Rosaleen Cho, the woman who had brought a fire in her wherever she went. Luther couldn't believe his eyes, he couldn't believe that Rosaleen was actually in front of him.

Nothing much had changed about her except her hair was way shorter and a scar ran down her left eye. Her cheekbones were more visible than ever and her style had changed.

From wearing sweatpants and hoodies and t-shirts, she now wore a dress that went a bit past her knees. The white dress was designed with tiny pink flower prints all over the fabric and she had a red belt around her waist, shaping her frame nicely.

Her hair was a bit above her shoulders and was curled. The left side of her hair was clipped back by a red clip, to match her belt. It exposed her scar even more.

Rosaleen felt her heart stop at the sight of the man. She never expected to see a familiar face ever again. She had been alone two years now and she had lost hope of ever finding anyone again.

"Luther," she exhaled, her tone filled with surprise yet relief.

Before another word could be exchanged, Luther quickly moved forward and embraced the woman he never thought he'd see again. If it were any regular day, the two would be surprised by the hug but since they hadn't seen each other for so long, they were filled with relief and content. They were just so glad in the moment.

"You don't know how glad I am to see you." Luther muttered, squeezing Rosaleen tightly.

Rosaleen tightened her grip on Luther's waist, closing her eyes as she leaned her head on his chest, "I'd never thought I'd say this but I am too."

Luther chuckled, remembering the relationship the two had before they jumped through time. They were certainly not fond of each other, so it was quite ironic for the two of them to be hugging and glad to see one another like they were in the moment.

The two released and Rosaleen instantly scanned Luther. "Damn, did you get a bit thinner? What have you been up to?"

Luther glanced down at himself, "I've been fighting," he explained what he had been doing in the past year and how he embraced how he looked and used his powers for use. Rosaleen seemed genuinely impressed as he told her.