➵ eighteen

"YOU SHOULDN'T BE OUT OF BED SO SOON!"

"SHUT UP, TAQUITO,"

◊

"YOU'RE LITERALLY NO HELP," Rosaleen grunted as she landed beside Aubrielle. Aubrielle failed to open the chains off of Rosaleen and now the two were running in circles, trying to avoid Vixen.

Rosaleen did her best to protect Aubrielle from Vixen but Aubrielle just had to trip over her own foot, which made Rosaleen fall into Aubrielle.

"All you've done is the opposite, actually,"

Aubrielle laid there panting, shaking her head. "I'm really trying here, Rose.. God, I could go for some taquitos right now."

Rosaleen nodded, "Sounds delicious, but I'll be dead by the time those taquitos cook."

Aubrielle suddenly thought of something, or someone, "I know who can help!"

Rosaleen got back onto her feet, as Vixen panted from the other side of the cage. "Who? You said the only reason you're here is because my kid is connecting us, right? She only has two hands."

"What if I hold onto the others' hands?"

Rosaleen shook her hand, glancing down at her bloodied wrists, "Her powers only work with direct contact."

Aubrielle slowly nodded, "Alright, then I'll just summon someone."

Rosaleen stood in front of Aubrielle, eyes on Vixen, "Who? Isn't it morning? Who's sleeping right now? Are you gonna summon a random person that's napping right now?"

Aubrielle shook her head, "I know someone who's been sleeping for a long time now."

Rosaleen was unsure of what she was talking about but nodded, getting ready to fight Vixen again. "Make it quick. I can feel my spirit fading, I think I'm losing the fight."

Aubrielle's heart raced, fearing for Rosaleen's life. She nodded and quickly raced to the corner of the cage. She closed her eyes and began to call out to someone.

Rosaleen made sure to keep Vixen away from Aubrielle. She kicked at Vixen's face, making the fox snap her teeth at her.

Rosaleen knew she would've won the fight if she hadn't recently been through the loss of her family, and the harm from the whistle. It was like Vixen had left the pain for Rosaleen when they separated from each other, as the fox seemed to be fine and energized.