➵ forty four

"WHICH ONE?!"

"OBVIOUSLY THE EXPIRED ONE!"

Number Five Hargreeves. November 16, 1963.

"GRANDPA FIVE IS VERY SUSPICIOUS." Angelica muttered to Grandson Five, eyeing the old man in front of them. Luther was walking with him while Angelica walked with the Number Five that looked her age.

Even though Grandson Five was mentally an old man, she saw him as a friend her age. She saw Number Five as her best friend, as he was the only one 'her age'. So, no matter what the plan was or what Grandpa Five had to say, she would take Grandson Five's side and defend him.

"I know—what?" Grandson Five suddenly snapped at a random person who walked by, glaring at them, "What are you looking at? See something funny?!"

Angelica blinked, "Chill, Five, your psychosis paradox shit is acting up."

He threw her a look, "First of all, it's paradox psychosis, and secondly, no it's not, that guy was looking at me funny for no reason!"

Angelica raised an eyebrow, watching Grandson Five give everyone a piece of his mind. She simply walked beside him, watching in amusement.

"Anyway, when you're done giving everyone shit," Angelica whistled, "I just wanted to let you know that I can sense that he's planning to kill you."

"I knew it!" Grandson Five gritted through his teeth. He looked at Angelica, "How do you know?"

Angelica snorted, "Thor told me."

"What?"

"Thor's able to tell the clear intentions of what someone wants to do, but it takes a lot of energy so I'm gonna need some sugar before I get to use that ability again." Angelica sighed, shaking her head.

Grandson's eyes slightly widen, "Like an empath?"

Angelica nodded.

"How?"

"Well, being stuck here for years alone, I had time to learn and practice my powers. I can do a lot now, like when I'm in contact with someone, I'm able to see what they see."

"What's the point in that when you both can see?"

Angelica shrugged her shoulders, "Let's say we're trapped in a space and only you can see a certain area, so I'll be able to see what you're seeing by being in contact with you. But, I meant to explain that I can see what they saw, so a past memory. I can search your mind and play a certain memory, but like always, it drains a lot of energy out of me."

"Woah, that's impressive—mind your business, or I'll give you something to stare at!" Angelica pursed her lips. "You wish you could pull off these shorts!"

Angelica snorted, watching Grandson Five scratch himself crazily. Luther suddenly stopped walking with Grandpa Five and waited for the two to catch up to walk alongside them.

"Hey, brother. How you doing?" Luther smiled widely. "Hey Angel, doing okay?"

Angelica nodded as Grandson Five watched after Grandpa Five.