➵ fourteen

"BUT YOU'RE A LITTLE BOY,"

"I'M AN OLD MAN, GODDAMNIT."

◊

"YOU NEED MY HELP?" Angelica glanced between the four brothers. The next day had come and the brothers had come together to find Harold Jenkins, while Allison and Rosaleen went to go search for Vanya.

Diego went to search for Angelica, and thought she would be at the coffee shop, but it was closed for the day. He wasn't surprised though, since the family had probably closed the shop due to Helen's death. He wanted to ask her for some help on finding Leonard's location.

Diego didn't know how to contact Angelica but the brothers were lucky when they spotted Angelica walking down the street with a taco in her hand.

"Angelica?" Klaus asked, approaching the girl.

Angelica stopped walking and looked up from her taco. A smile formed on her face, "Wow! It's the whole squad! Well, just the boy squad, since the girls aren't here."

Diego furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you doing out here by yourself?" He placed his hands on his hips and towered over her, "Did you sneak out?"

Angelica thought about it for a second and then shook her head, "No.. The family tried to keep it a secret that Aunt Helen passed since I'm 'too young' to be told the news but my mom told me anyways. I don't know why they think they could hide it from me when everyone has been crying.. I wasn't that close with Aunt Helen but the energy in that room made me really sad."

"That doesn't explain why you're out here." Diego blinked, yet he frowned thinking about how Rosaleen's tears seemed to never stop the previous night. They were in each other's arms for a good five minutes until Rosaleen stopped crying.

"I wanted some fresh air and they think I don't know anything so I told them I was gonna hang out with Lily. Then I just went to go get some tacos from that truck down there and now I'm heading home."

Number Five raised an eyebrow, "So you lied to your grandparents just to get some tacos?"

Angelica shrugged her shoulders, "What they don't know won't hurt."

Luther furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, "Look, we have a favour to ask of you."

Diego nodded, "You can tell if someone's intentions are good or bad, right?"