➵ thirty one

"ROSIE?"

"WELL, IT'S BEEN A WHILE, HASN'T IT, LITTLE ONE?"

Rosie Cho, Harrison Lee, Number Five. November 9, 1963.

"AS MUCH AS I HATE YOU, YOU STILL MAKE THE BEST PANCAKES." Rosie muttered, her eyes glistening at the sight of the tall stack of pancakes in front of her.

Harrison took a seat in front of her, sliding a mug of coffee toward her. He raised an eyebrow, "Do I say thanks?"

Rosie shrugged her shoulders, "If you want," she pursed her lips at him, "Thanks though."

Harrison placed a few pancakes onto her plate before putting some on his plate. "No problem, pancakes aren't that difficult to make."

Rosie slowly nodded, furrowing his eyebrows at him. He noticed and awkwardly looked around, feeling a bit intimidated.

"Are you going to strangle me because I said that?"

Rosie reached for her fork, a quiet grumble leaving her lips. "You know, what you did was extremely fucked up."

Harrison averted his eyes to his pancakes, "I know what I did was horrible but you don't have to bring it up every second."

Rosie snorted, "Yes I do, but I was going to say more than that."

"I realized my wrongdoings and spent years reflecting on it." Harrison muttered.

Rosie slowly nodded, eating her pancakes, "I'm aware of that. Herb told me you completely abandoned your kid. Dick move, by the way."

"Technically it's your kid."

"Nope, it's not." Rosie shook her head, "But going back to the kid, you neglected that child so you could reflect on yourself. I mean, I suppose the reflection helped you recognize your mistakes but ditching your kid? You just suck, don't you?"

Harrison frowned to himself. "Seeing Angelica reminded me of the mistake I made. Of course I'm not saying that she's a mistake, she's a lovely girl," Harrison thought back to when he would watch Angelica from afar. He wanted to be in her life but he refrained himself from doing so, as he was a danger to her and he didn't deserve to be in her life. "But I would've put her life on the line if I stayed with her.. Also, I didn't deserve to be in her life."

Rosie tilted her head, "Yeah, you're right, you didn't," Harrison opened his mouth to speak but Rosie continued, "But the girl needed her father. I know you did what you did because you probably thought it was the best for her but that was selfish on your part."

Harrison shook his head, running a hand through his hair, "I wonder what I did in my past life to make my life now so shitty and regretful."

Rosie snorted, shrugging her shoulders. "It sucks that you make poor decisions. It got you stuck in a shithole, but hey, at least you have some good traits about you, I guess."

Harrison scoffed, "Like what? I would assume my looks, since you were attracted to me in the past."

Rosie half-nodded, "Yeah, well there's that," Rosie thought about it, "But when you didn't make stupid decisions or be selfish without realizing it or just being a stupid ass moth—"