➵ eleven

"THAT'S CUTE, REALLY, BUT KLAUS IS INTOXICATED AND EVERY TIME YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES, YOU FALL INTO A COMA, SLEEPING BEAUTY."

"AW, SO YOU THINK I'M BEAUTIFUL?"

◊

"HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN THE CAR?"

Rosaleen opened her eyes and saw Diego peering over at her from the driver's seat. She yawned and sat up, "Like you said, it's junk. Anyway, you guys stopped fighting?"

Diego grumbled under his breath and started the car, as Klaus kept quiet and leaned his head on the window. Rosaleen closed her mouth and went back to lay down, deciding to sleep again instead of sit in the awkward silence.

Rosaleen woke up in what seemed to be ten minutes later and sat up. She glanced around and noticed that they were parked in an alleyway, and the donut shop was behind them, across the street.

"You got a big mouth, you know that?" Diego spoke.

"Oh wow. What a truly shocking revelation, Diego." Klaus sarcastically responded as he began to unwrap something. Rosaleen peered over and saw that it was a few pills in a small packaging.

"Everything's a big joke to you, right?" He grabbed the packaging from Klaus, and the two ended up fumbling to grab the packaging. "Would you stop it?"

Rosaleen furrowed her eyebrows as Klaus hit his fists into his lap once Diego took it away.

"Why are you putting this shit in your body?"

Rosaleen leaned back into her seat, deciding to keep quiet. No matter what she did, she always seemed to be in the middle of a personal Hargreeves matter. She watched the two like she was watching a movie.

She blinked when Diego slapped the back of Klaus's head, making Klaus snap at him.

"Don't hit me, asshole!"

Diego leaned forward and jabbed a finger at Klaus, "Don't tell me everything is all right, because I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!"

"Because I lost someone!" Klaus exclaimed, making Diego quiet down. "I lost someone.."

Rosaleen frowned as Klaus inhaled and exhaled deeply to contain his emotions. "The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself."

Diego slowly sat back in his seat and stared at his steering wheel. Klaus held the pill in his hand, telling Diego 'Cheers' before popping it into his mouth.