➵ three

"SO YOU'RE AN ACTUAL FOX?"

"NO, I JUST HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH FURIES."

◊

"IT'S RAINING HARD TODAY.." Rosaleen mumbled to herself, underneath her umbrella.

Rosaleen held Angelica close to her as the entire family stood outside in the rain, in the courtyard where Five appeared. The rain was pouring hard but that didn't stop them from having a memorial for their father.

Rosaleen stood beside Vanya but she had her own umbrella that Allison lent her. Rosaleen glanced to her left and her eyebrows raised at the sight of a standing chimpanzee beside her. She kept her surprise hidden as she simply looked at Luther again. She wasn't as surprised since humans were practically monkeys and also, the world was already known to not be normal if there were people with powers out there. Like the people she was standing side by side with at that moment.

Angelica, however, looked at the chimpanzee with wide eyes. "Can you talk?"

The chimpanzee looked over at the unfamiliar girl and then at her mother before looking at Vanya. He was aware of Vanya's friend and her daughter. He nodded, "Hello child. My name is Pogo."

"Like the corndog?"

Rosaleen released a soft sigh, closing her eyes, "Jesus Christ Angel—I'm sorry Pogo."

Pogo let out the quietest chuckle, "It is no problem. You are..?"

"Rosaleen Cho, I'm Vanya's best friend."

Rosaleen wasn't the type to include her surname when it came to introducing herself, but she felt that Pogo was an older man that was extremely formal and deserved respect.

Pogo's eyes slightly widen and he watched Rosaleen as she continued to introduce Angelica. "This is my daughter, Angelica."

Pogo nodded his head at the two, "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Rosaleen and Miss Angelica." Angelica smiled at Pogo before they all returned their focus back onto Luther who stood silently.

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy." Pogo spoke up, looking at Luther who slowly nodded.

Rosaleen glanced over at the others. She liked Klaus's umbrella very much but it didn't do him any justice of protection from the rain. Everyone else had umbrellas, and Grace — which Rosaleen found out was made by Sir Reginald — was dressed nicely for the memorial. Rosaleen's eyes wandered to Diego who stood with no umbrella. His stare was dead on Luther as the rain soaked him from head to toe.