➵ six

"HOW CAN YOU DODGE MY KNIVES BUT NOT THAT BULLET?"

"IT'S 'CAUSE YOUR AIM IS SHIT."

◊

"HOW COME YOU AND ROSALEEN CAME IN TOGETHER?" Vanya asked quietly, looking up at Diego. Once Diego had finished their conversation, saying how their father only loved himself, he was ready to leave. He halted and looked down at Vanya.

"We ran into each other."

Vanya simply nodded as Diego made his way somewhere off to another location in the huge mansion. She let out a soft exhale and pulled out her bottle of pills, shaking her head.

Vanya inhaled deeply before exhaling cooly. She then went to go find Rosaleen, who texted her that she was in her room.

Rosaleen glanced back at the door when she felt a presence and smiled at Vanya who came walking through. Vanya smiled at her, "How've you been?"

"Pretty good, how about you?"

Vanya nodded, "I'm feeling a tiny bit good."

Rosaleen chuckled.

"You're looking for Number Five?" Vanya asked, making Rosaleen nod. Rosaleen told Vanya how she wanted to meet with Number Five and ask him how he knew her.

That reminded Vanya about her conversation with Number Five the night before. He said that everyone was dead, but then how did he know Rosaleen? He didn't exactly go into depth on how he knew Rosaleen so Vanya was also left confused.

"Are you planning to wait here until he shows up? We're not sure if he's going to come home."

Rosaleen nodded, "I'll wait for one more hour before leaving. I have a little side case that involves him too so I really need to talk to him."

Vanya noticed the fatigue displayed on Rosaleen's face and grabbed her violin case that was resting on her bed. "You look tired. Why don't you take a nap while you wait? I'll wake you up in an hour or so."

Rosaleen glanced at Vanya, "Is it that noticeable?"

"Yeah. How come you didn't sleep last night?" Vanya knew when Rosaleen didn't sleep well the night before. It had happened too many times that Vanya was familiar with Rosaleen's expression that showed whenever she was tired.

Rosaleen saw Vanya take out her violin and instantly nodded, "You're going to play music to put me to sleep? Yes please."

Rosaleen set Vanya's case aside and laid on her bed. She instantly closed her eyes when Vanya began to play a slow and soothing piece. Before Rosaleen knew it, her eyes felt heavy and she fell asleep, while Vanya played the violin in the background.