➵ forty five

"LILA. THAT'S MY EX-GIRLFRIEND."

"OH WOW, I FINALLY GET TO MEET HER!"

Rosaleen Cho. November 16, 1963.

"LEENA?" Rosaleen felt her name be called and her face being lightly slapped. She furrowed her eyebrows and opened her eyes to see Diego peering down at her with worry on his face.

He let out a sigh of relief when he saw that she was waking up.

She noticed that she was in his arms and he was holding her. She fully opened her eyes and glanced around with wide eyes, finally remembering where she was and what had happened.

"Holy shit, my body hurts," she groaned, laying in pain.

"Are you okay?" Diego quietly asked her, wiping the blood from her nose with his thumb.

Rosaleen nodded, "Still breathing, how about you, spandex?"

Diego nodded his head with a slight smirk, "Want me to show you?"

Rosaleen immediately threw him a glare, "If a dagger even comes near me, I swear I will take it and gut you."

Diego grinned and helped her sit up.

Rosaleen continued to lean into Diego's embrace as her eyes caught onto Vanya who walked out of the room, seeming perfectly fine.

"Are you okay?" Vanya asked as she ran to them.

"Vanya.." Allison let out an exhale.

"Physically or emotionally?" Klaus asked, slowly getting up.

"You're alive," Diego said, still holding Rosaleen in his arms. He let out a faint smile as he looked at Vanya who appeared unharmed.

"Did we save the world, or what?"

"I think so, building's still here."

Diego checked his watch, "Kennedy's a few minutes away." He quickly — gently — moved Rosaleen to Klaus, where he forced her to lay down on his lap, making her blink in confusion. "I can still save him."

Allison quickly got up after her brother who rushed down the hall, "No, Diego, wait!"

Rosaleen scoffed and laid on Klaus' leg. "He seriously just ditched me for the president?"

Klaus giggled and moved the hair away from her face. "Thank you for protecting me Rose, you are really strong!"

Rosaleen chuckled and sat back up, facing Klaus. "I've grown stronger during my time here, but it still wasn't enough."

"It was more than enough for me! We stopped the apocalypse!"

Klaus helped Rosaleen stand and the two began to make their way to where Diego and Allison ran off to. As Klaus turned the corner, Rosaleen heard Vanya call for her.

"Rose?"

Rosaleen stopped and turned to look at Vanya. She tried to give her a small smile but the purse of her lips was all she could do.