➵ forty one

"EXCESSIVE GAS?"

"UNCLE LUKE DOES THAT WHEN HE EATS EGGS."

Angelica Cho. November 14, 1963.

"FIVE?" Angelica knew Number Five was ticked off that nobody came to meet in that alleyway, aside from Luther, Klaus, and Rosaleen. It surprised Number Five and Luther that Klaus actually made it on time but he was acting weird, and ended up throwing up.

Number Five was furious that the others didn't show up, which made Rosaleen reassure him that she was going to find them.

"I thought you were with Diego?" Luther questioned Rosaleen who sighed.

"I was, but then we split paths because he said he had to do something and I stayed back with Klaus to make sure he came on time. I didn't know the rest wouldn't show."

Luther pursed his lips as Angelica glanced back at the door where Number Five stormed back into.

"I'll stay back with Five," Angelica said, "Maybe you can go find the others?"

Rosaleen nodded, "Luke, stay with the teenagers. I'll go find the others."

Rosaleen ended up dragging Klaus with her and the group split once again.

Angelica watched Number Five chug the entire bottle of water from the fridge. She blinked in confusion as he scrambled around, muttering to himself.

"I'm gonna need to be hydrated."

"Hydrated?" Luther questioned, glancing at Angelica who shrugged her shoulders.

"What's with the baby powder?" Angelica asked, utterly confused. She scrunched her face at him.

"It'll help with the itching." Number Five responded.

Angelica's eyes slightly widen. "Itching? Do you have lice or something?"

Number Five began to dump the powder down his pants, making Angelica scrunch her face in disgust. Luther's eyes slightly widen.

"You do have a plan."

"Well, it's a desperation move, but.. since our brain-dead siblings are incapable of meeting a simple deadline, I got no choice."

"No choice about what?"

"I have to find myself."

Angelica blinked. "I don't think now is a good time to go a self-love journey—"

"No, that's not what I mean," Number Five shook his head before opening his watch, "I just arrived in Dallas fifteen minutes ago."

Luther and Angelica exchanged glances, confused and concerned for Number Five.

"Should we be worried about you?" Luther questioned.

"Guys, if you recall, I was sent to 1963 on a job by the Commission to make sure the president was assassinated."

"Oh! So, wait, your old self is out there."