➵ thirty five

"NO OFFENCE TO HIM, I MEAN HE DID STEAL MY HEART, BUT DIEGO HAS MAJOR MOMMY ISSUES."

"I CAN'T EXACTLY DISAGREE WITH THAT."

Luther Hargreeves. November 11, 1963.

"YOU WANT ME TO BREAK THE HANDCUFFS? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?" Luther questioned, glancing at Miles who sat on the couch, though his hands were still cuffed together.

Luther rushed downstairs once he heard that Rosaleen had an emergency and he was surprised to find Miles standing there.

Miles was shocked to see Luther's beaten up state but he quickly explained the situation when the large man ushered him about Rosaleen. Luther quickly brought him to his shared apartment with Rosaleen. Not too long after, Rosaleen appeared.

"I think you're Luther Hargreeves, my best friend," Rosaleen smiled innocently as she looked for the first-aid kit in the kitchen, "Now do your magic."

Luther snorted, motioning to himself. "The guy's just in handcuffs, aren't you worried about your best friend that got his ass whooped?" He complained in a joking matter, but he reached forward and grabbed onto the chain between the two cuffs. He simply yanked it, breaking it, making Miles blink.

"Of course I'm worried, why do you think I'm tearing down our kitchen right now?" She muttered, stretching her limps with a groan as she reached on the highest shelf for the first-aid kit.

"You are.. Very strong.." Miles mumbled, staring at the broken handcuffs with confusion. Luther then tore the cuffs off, and then tossed the broken handcuffs toward Rosaleen who caught them and tossed them into the trash.

Luther nodded, "Thanks, I get told that often."

Rosaleen made her way over to the two men in the living room and took her seat next to Luther, unzipping the kit. She looked at Miles, "Shit went down tonight. I think it's best if you lay low for a couple of days, people are angry."

Miles pursed his lips. "I know.. But we have to keep fighting."

She nodded as she untwisted the bottle of rubbing alcohol. "Of course you do, but take the next few days to recollect yourselves. It was quite traumatic. You should check on your friends tomorrow."

Miles nodded, "Thank you for helping me, I was close to going to jail."

Rosaleen smiled. She remembered something and briefly glanced at Luther, who seemed troubled with his own thoughts. She could tell that something was bothering him, so she smiled at Miles and stood up.

"It's quite late, Miles. Do you want to stay the night? We have a spare room."

Miles chuckled and shook his head, "I cannot intrude like that, I haven't even took you out on a second date."

Rosaleen threw her head back with laughter.

He grinned. "Thank you for the offer, but I will head home now. Thank you for the help." He glanced at Luther as well, who gave him a quick nod.

"Will you be okay on your own? Luther and I can walk you—"

He shook his head, "I don't live too far from here, and Luther needs your aid. I'll see you soon, Leena."