➵ twenty one

"YOU'RE BLAMING ME?"

"WELL, IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT."

◊

"MOM!" Rosaleen watched Diego run to the fallen building after everything was finally silent. She stood with Aubrielle and Angelica as Klaus chased after Diego.

Rosaleen frowned as she watched Diego try to pull at the pieces of cement. It would be difficult to find Grace under all of that rumble since the Umbrella Academy building was fairly tall to begin with.

"Klaus, come here! Help me search,"

"Diego, stop,"

"Let me go! What are you doing?"

"She's gone, okay? She's.."

Diego looked back at Klaus, "What do you wanna do? You wanna w-w-walk away from this?"

Rosaleen felt her chest squeeze at Diego's stutter. She heard a loud sigh escape from Aubrielle, making her glance over at Aubrielle.

Aubrielle had a frown on her face and her eyes were a bit glossy. She looked at Rosaleen. "I haven't heard the poor boy stutter like that in so long and Grace.."

Rosaleen knew that Grace was the one that helped Diego with his speech. Rosaleen clenched her jaw and watched Diego as he asked about Pogo.

"He didn't make it." Heads turned to see Luther and Allison coming over. Allison had a pen and notepad in her hands since she couldn't speak yet.

"What?"

"Vanya killed him." Rosaleen felt something get stuck in her throat as it seemed hard to swallow the fact that Vanya was the reason that they were in the situation they were in at that moment. She had broke the Umbrella Academy and was nowhere to be found.

"But Vanya wouldn't—"

"No, I saw it."

Rosaleen felt a tug at her hand, making her look down at Angelica. Angelica seemed afraid but tried not to show it. "What's going to happen, Mom?"

Rosaleen held her daughter's hand and squeezed it gently, "I'm not sure yet.. But I won't let anything happen to you."

"Guys!"

Number Five came running over, "This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today."

"I thought you said it was over," Luther furrowed his eyebrows, stepping forward.