➵ sixteen

"WHERE DO I STICK THE TISSUE? LITERALLY EVERY HOLE IS BLEEDING!"

"CAN YOU NOT SAY IT LIKE THAT?"

◊

"WOAH WOAH, WHAT'S WRONG? WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" Klaus asked Angelica who sat in between him and Diego. He heard quiet sniffling and when he looked over at the girl, she had tears running down her face. Once Angelica felt that Leonard was heading in a certain direction, Number Five concluded that he was going to the cabin and made Luther switch with him.

Now he was the one driving while Luther sat next to him. Angelica wanted to sit in the back with Diego and Klaus.

Diego sat up in concern and looked at Angelica, who seemed to be holding back her sobs. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Tell us what's wrong, kiddo,"

Angelica looked at Diego with trembling lips and instantly leaned on him and wrapped her arms around him. He was caught off guard but he quickly wrapped his arms around her protectively. He caressed her head as she began to hiccup.

"M-Mom is hurt.. She's h-hurting a lot right now.."

"What do you mean, Angel?" Klaus frowned, placing a comforting hand on her back

Diego suddenly got worried. Knowing how close her and her mother was, Angelica could've been directly feeling what Rosaleen was feeling. "What's happening to Leena?"

Angelica shook her head as she buried her face in his chest. "I-I don't know! Her heart is going t-too fast! And it feels like her hearing is burning!"

Number Five cursed and stepped on the gas. Even though Luther had asked him before, and he threatened him, hearing that Rosaleen was in lots of pain, and by the way Angelica was reacting, the girls were in danger and needed saving. Also, if Angelica could pretty much feel others' emotions that they're experiencing, Rosaleen might be on the verge of death.

Diego had scooped Angelica into his arms and she sat on his lap. He held her close and muttered reassuring things to her.

"Mom's fine, she'll be okay, don't worry."

Angelica was starting to calm down and rested in Diego's arms until she gasped quietly.

"Aunt Allison is hurt now too."

Rosaleen continued to hear the faint ringing in her ears but that didn't stop her from crawling over to Allison.