➵ forty seven

"YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT ROSIE TOLD ME?"

"WHAT?"

"SHE TOLD ME TO JUST GO FOR IT, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE."

Rosaleen Cho & Diego Hargreeves. November 16, 1963.

"IS SHE..?" Herb trailed off, glancing between Diego and Number Fibe.

"Really dead this time?" Number Five finished for him.

"Oh yeah," Diego nodded. "Rosie destroyed her."

Herb seemed surprised yet pleased with the information, "Rosie got to do it?"

Number Five nodded, "Yup. Burned her alive."

Dot glanced behind them. "Where is Rosie?"

Number Five lightly smiled, "She left. She did what she had to do and then took a vacation."

Herb sighed, "That's good. She deserves one."

Dot remembered someone. "What about Harrison? Did he go with her?"

Diego pursed his lips. "The Handler got him."

The two Commission members frowned but simply nodded.

Number Five glanced between the two. "Well, now that the Handler's gone, what happens at Commission?"

Dot glanced down at Herb, "Just tell them.."

"Eh.. Well.." Herb grew excited, "We need to elect a new board of directors. But, until then, I, um.. I've been voted in as acting chairperson."

Dot cheered beside him with a light clap, a wide grin on her face.

"No shit," Diego smiled, "Congrats, Herbie. That's huge."

"I'm so goddamn nervous."

"You'll do fine." Number Five chuckled.

"Oh, thank you," Herb's smile faltered, "But I was hoping that Rosie would be here to help and run the Commission. She would be a perfect leader."

Dot nodded, "She would be.. But she deserves a break. The Commission had been very mean to her." She frowned at that.

Diego's mind wandered to the other Rosaleen. He noticed a certain look behind her eyes whenever she would look at him, and he wondered how much pain and struggle she went through having to be in the Commission all alone.

When the two Rosaleens were speaking with one another — with lots of scratching and sweat — he noticed that they kept stealing glances at him. It was obvious they were talking about him, and he was wondering what their conversation was about.

"Herb, Rosie said you'll provide us with a briefcase. We need it to get back home, where we belong." Number Five said.

Herb chuckled, "Rosie always makes the calls," him and Dot turned around to the fallen Commission members, "Take your pick."

"What are they doing here?" Rosaleen gasped, watching Zayn pull his car up to her and Luther.