➵ four

"YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF MY SPANDEX."

"I'D RATHER BE STABBED TEN TIMES BY YOUR BUTTER KNIVES THAN BE JEALOUS OF YOUR SPANDEX."

◊

"YOU CALLED, DORA?" Diego furrowed his eyebrows at the familiar voice. Before he could turn his head to see who it was—which he thought was someone he knew—a donut came into view. He blinked at the chocolate donut in the person's hand.

Eudora slightly smirked but shook her head, "It's Eudora, Rose."

Diego's eyes averted up and his eyes slightly widen at the sight of Rosaleen standing in front of Eudora's desk. In her one hand was a mug and in the other was the chocolate donut. Rosaleen's eyes were on Eudora and her cheeks were stuffed with the donut.

"Dora is in your name too." Rosaleen snickered as she took a sip of whatever was in the mug.

"Is that our mug?" Eudora raised an eyebrow with a slight smile, her eyes trained on the white mug with the company's logo on it.

Rosaleen nodded, stuffing the rest of the remaining donut into her mouth. "I went into the staff room and saw two boxes of donuts, so I helped myself."

A chuckle released from Eudora's lips as she slightly shook her head, "Of course you did."

Rosaleen gave her a grin and let her eyes wander around. Her grin slowly faded when she caught sight of the man beside Eudora and she mentally groaned at how she could miss him like that.

"God, why are you here? I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if you got arrested,"

Diego snorted, "Why are you here? You told me you worked at a bank."

Rosaleen shrugged her shoulders, "I do. I'm just here to eat lunch."

"I didn't know the police department was a restaurant."

"Well it is, they have some bomb donuts and shitty coffee."

"If it's shitty then why do you drink it?"

"The donuts make up for it, and the combination between the good and bad somewhat works."

Eudora dismissed the insult towards her department's coffee, since she couldn't disagree with Rose, and raised an eyebrow, glancing between the two. "You two know each other?"

Diego smirked, "Unfortunately I do."

Rosaleen looked at Diego with a look of mock hurt, "Unfortunately? Sir, it's a blessing to know me."