Sixty-One: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: Empire by Beth Crowley

Chapter Sixty-One: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor

Everyone was settled in the Great Hall when a beautiful Onyx owl came floating into the room to drop off a letter. The magnificent envelope was deposited in front of Elysian and was addressed to Elysian and Draco. The Malfoy seal stood out and alerted them to who had sent such a beautiful letter.

Glancing towards the front of the Hall, Elysian didn't fail to notice how ... put off ... everyone looked. Even Dumbledore looked like he'd eaten a rather sour lemon drop while Madam Umbridge looked positively glowing. Elysian could feel the negative energy coming from the faculty – except Snape who had also taken the potion to block his emotions – and she was rather enjoying it, despite the headache it was giving her.

Draco and Elysian,

If you aren't already aware, things have begun changing at Hogwarts to follow a more ... detailed plan. Madam Umbridge should leave you alone from now on, Elysian, but be sure to inform us should she not learn her lesson.

Keep an eye on the paper.

Yours,

Lucius and Narcissa.

The departing delivery owls had barely cleared the top of the milk jugs when people let out huge gasps. The negative emotions all over the Great Hall spiked to new levels as everyone flattened out their Daily Prophet's so that they could all see.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR

"She's been an immediate success, totally revolutionizing the teaching of Defence Against the Dark Arts and providing the Minister with on-the-ground feedback about what's really happening at Hogwarts. It is this last function that the Ministry has now formalised with the passing of Educational Decree Twenty-three, which creates the new position of 'Hogwarts High Inquisitor.' This is an exciting new phase in the Minister's plan to get to grips with what some are calling the "falling standards" at Hogwarts. The Inquisitor will have powers to inspect her fellow educators and make sure that they are coming up to scratch. Professor Umbridge has been offered this position in addition to her own teaching post, and we are delighted to say that she has accepted."

Elysian smirked and looked towards her compatriots. Things were changing in Hogwarts for the better of their cause and for the worse of everyone else. Whispers were breaking out all throughout the Great Hall as people began realising what this could mean for the future.

Hermione and Elysian locked eyes for a few seconds across the hall and Elysian let her mask slip slightly, showing that she, too, wasn't happy about this but it was necessary. This seemed to calm Hermione slightly as she broke eye-contact and began harshly arguing with Ronald and Harry.

~EP~

By the end of first lesson, there were already rumours going around about Umbridge and her 'Lesson Assessments.' Elysian walked up the stairs to Divination, going through every possibility of what could happen during this lesson.

Her mind flashed back to what had happened in her third-year:

"A Queen will come bathed in Green,

To defy the ones whose hearts are mean.

She'll exchange their blood for blood,

One for Kin and One for Love.

Though in her heart she knows the flaw,

Of building a world on breaking the law.

The Queen will stand with fang and claw,

Against those who open up their maw."

Arriving at the top of the stairs, Elysian entered the Divination Classroom and wasn't surprised to see Umbridge waiting there already with a notepad in hand. Umbridge went rather green upon seeing Elysian but that quickly went away as Elysian settled into her usual seat with Blaise sitting beside her. Harry and Ronald had rather sour expressions when they entered the classroom and saw Umbridge.

Elysian was quick to block out everything going on around her as she focused on building her Veela shields. No one paid her any attention as everyone was subtly focusing on Umbridge.

"And you are a great-great-granddaughter of the celebrated seer Cassandra Trelawney?" inquired Umbridge at some point throughout their lesson.

Elysian looked up, now suddenly intrigued.

"Yes."

"But I think — correct me if I am mistaken — that you are the first in your family since Cassandra to be possessed of the Second Sight?"

"These things often skip — er — three generations."

Umbridge moved around the room at some point after that, asking different students questions before disappearing. Elysian sent the rest of her friends looks and returned to building some walls within her mind.

"Hogwarts?"

"Yes, Elysian."

"How many dark artifacts does Umbridge currently have in the school?"

"Other than the blood quills? She doesn't have any, though she does have a secondary wand. Albus Dumbledore has more than her."

"What sort of things does Dumbledore have?"

"His glasses are charmed to be able to see through anything, he has hundreds of dark artifacts in the small room behind his office."

"Anything I can use?"

"There are many things that would be of use," Hogwarts said, "but you'd have to wait until you could reach them."

"I can work with that."