Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Notes: Hello my Angels and Gentlemen, I'm back! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to this story but now that the country is in lockdown and I'm forced to do college work from home, I'm feeling that its time to keep writing.

Thank you to everyone who gave me so much support and is still reading this story, even after my hiatus. I love you all and I hope this chapter can make you all feel less alone in Lockdown.

Because of what happened before, I'm going to be uploading each chapter as I write them so uploads will be sporadic at best, SORRY. <3

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence.

Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball

Professor Severus Snape stood in the middle of the Slytherin Common room with a debilitating sneer etched into his face. His students were settled into their usual seats, waiting for him to speak. Silently, he scanned all of the faces and was pleasantly surprised to see all of his students were actually in the common room – he knew some of his students, specifically Pansy and Millicent, liked hiding in their dorm rooms to avoid him, lest they be scolded. He knew he probably had Elysian to thank for this but was prepared to thank her later, as to not lower his reputation.

"As many of you are aware, The Yule Ball is approaching. It is exclusively for fourth-years and above, though you may have a younger student as your partner should you wish it. You shall all be required to dance, though the champions will be the first to dance."

"So, we get to watch Potter make a fool of himself?" snickered Draco.

"Indeed. Now I trust you all know how to dance?"

Everyone nodded, it was basic pureblood etiquette to know how to dance and most were taught the moment they turned five. Elysian, of course, hadn't had that privilege but was lucky enough to have Sirius teach her after Lucius first heard about the Tri-wizard tournament.

"We are meant to... encourage you to either pick a partner from outside your house or from a different school," said Professor Snape, his snarl loud and clear. "Those who do will gain one-hundred house points."

With that, and an impressive billow of his cape, Snape left the common room, allowing his students to chatter to their hearts content.

"Do you think I'd be able to ask Hermione? Claim it's for the house points?" asked Draco, "I don't really want her to be stuck with Weasley or Potter and I don't trust the rest of the Gryffindor boys... maybe Neville..."

"Neville's going to ask Luna," said Daphne, "Astoria was helping him figure out how to ask her without breaking. It's actually rather sweet."

"I could always ask Krum," said Elysian upon seeing Draco's worry. "He'll probably be really thankful since most of the girls in this school tend to throw themselves at him. Besides, he's got a girlfriend back in Bulgaria so you know he won't attempt anything."

"Thanks Ely," grinned Draco. "Question is, who do I take now?"

Elysian smirked and pointed at Pansy. The pug-faced girl had been secretly dating a Hufflepuff fifth-year for several months and was incredibly upset that she wouldn't be able to go with him without exposing their relationship. She was more than happy to go with Draco as a platonic couple.