Chapter Thirty-Four: The Tri-Wizard Tournament

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Ellis – Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez.

Chapter Thirty-Four: The Tri-Wizard Tournament

Through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive the carriages trundled, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Leaning against the window, Elysian could see Hogwarts approaching, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtains of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps.

The older student occupying the carriage with them – all of the Seventh-years had taken a carriage alongside the younger Slytherins in order to help keep everyone dry – quickly pulled out his wand. Blaise removed his cloak from his pocket – which had an enlargement charm on it – and wrapped it around Elysian's shoulders as they exited the carriage and walked up the stairs.

Peeves was circling above them when Elysian and Blaise entered. He was holding a water balloon in his ghostly hands and glanced at Elysian with a goofy grin, gesturing for her to move further right and out of the blast radius. He then proceeded to drop the balloon on a certain Weasley who cried out in rage. Elysian couldn't bring herself to care, however, as she suddenly felt a pressure in her mind, like someone was knocking at an invisible door... rather loudly too.

Blaise gently pulled her along, though, as Draco and Daphne joined them. Ronald and Ginny were grumbling about Peeves, who had also water boomed Ginny too, as they pushed past the Slytherins. No one could be bothered to comment on it, they'd get the Weasley's back later.

The Great Hall looked its usual splendid self, decorated for the start-of-term feast. Golden plates and goblets gleamed by the light of hundreds of candles, floating over the tables in mid-air. The four long tables were packed with chattering students; at the top of the Hall, the staff sat along one side of a fifth table, facing their pupils.

Professor McGonagall placed a three-legged stool on the ground before the first-years and, on top of it, an extremely old, dirty, patched wizard's hat. The first-years stared at it. So did everyone else. For a moment, there was silence. Then a tear near the brim opened wide like a mouth, and the hat broke into song:

"A thousand years or more ago,

When I was newly sewn,

There lived four wizards of renown,

Whose names are still well known:

Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,

Fair Ravenclaw, from Glen,

Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,

Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.

They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,

They hatched a daring plan

To educate young sorcerers

Thus Hogwarts began.

Now each of these four founders

Formed their own house, for each

Did value different virtues