Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dark Mark

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Ellis – Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez.

Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dark Mark

When the sound of screams and cheers reached the ears of the two Slytherins, they knew it was time to move. Draco quickly slammed the book he was reading shut and instantly ran towards the door, pulling Elysian along with him. The sky was incredibly dark but neither of them cared, they simply needed to get to the forest before everything went to Hell.

By the light of the few fires still burning, she could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field towards them, something that was omitting odd flashes of light, and noises like gunfire. Loud jeering, roars of laughter and drunken yells were drifting towards them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.

A crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upward, was marching slowly across the field. The Death Eaters were as intimidating as they were powerful and Elysian almost forgot to move so Draco had to drag her further towards the forest.

They seemed to be floating people in the air or at least muggles. A man, his wife and children were suspended in the air. One of the Death Eaters below the woman flipped her upside down with his wand; her nightdress fell down to reveal voluminous drawers; she struggled to cover herself up as the group bellow her yelled out in glee.

Sprinting as fast as their feet could carry them, Elysian and Draco were almost at the forest when someone barged past her, sending her flying backwards. Draco called out for her but Elysian couldn't answer as there were far too many people running around and trying to escape.

"Go to the forest!" she screeched, at the top of her lungs, "I'll meet you there!"

She couldn't hear if Draco replied, not that she cared, instead she focused on getting out of the mosh-pit and into the forest where Lucius had told them to run. Of course, none of the Death Eaters would hurt her but she didn't want to be anywhere near the carnage, lest she is caught by stray spells.

As she ran down another area full of tents, she smashed face-first into the chest of a random man. Gasping, Elysian looked up and was shocked at what she saw: he had pale, slightly freckled skin and a mop of fair hair, but his face was lined and was much older-looking. He licked his lip sporadically and held a hand out for her to take, pulling out a wand that looked like Harry's before rushing away as Ministry Employees ran into the area.

Now that the coast was clear, Elysian picked up her dress and sprinted towards the forest where Draco was waiting. He practically forced her to remain still as he looked her over before pulling her into a tight hug and sighing in relief.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Fine, just sore from running that much," said Elysian with a chuckle.

Suddenly, they heard a sound of something falling and then the sound of Ronald Weasley. Sharing a look, Draco and Elysian moved around a massive tree and discovered Harry, Hermione and Ronald standing in a clearing next to theirs.

"Tripped over a tree-root," said Ronald in response to Hermione.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to," said Draco with a grin.

Ronald hissed something in response that Elysian would never dare repeat, especially in front of Narcissa.

"Language, Weasley," said Draco. "Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?"

Draco nodded at Hermione the same time a massive bang echoed around them, causing them to jump. Elysian was rather glad Draco was remaining in character as she knew it was killing him inside to insult the girl he was in love with.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Hermione defiantly.

"Granger, they're after Muggles," said Draco. "D'you want to be showing off your knickers in mid-air? Because if you do hang around ... they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh."

"Hermione's a witch," Harry snarled.

Elysian wasn't commenting, instead choosing to look sorrowful to mess with Harry's head.

"Have it your own way, Potter," said Draco. "If you think they can't spot a Muddblood, stay where you are."

"Watch your mouth!" yelled Ronald.

"Never mind, Ron."

There came a bang from the other side of the trees that was louder than anything they had heard. Several people nearby screamed.

Elysian just ignored the rest of the conversation and returned to their little clearing. It was then that she noticed the same man she had banged into being corralled by the house-elf from before. The man was standing in the centre of the destroyed tents, pointing his wand into the air. She could tell his mouth was moving, spaying a spell, but she couldn't hear what he was saying.

A green light shot out of the wand and into the sky and shape began to form. Then she realised it was a colossal skull, comprised of what looked like emerald stars, with a serpent protruding from its mouth like a tongue. As they watched, it rose higher and higher, blazing in a haze of greenish smoke, etched against the black sky like a new constellation. It was the Dark Mark that was proudly displayed on the arm of every Death Eater in the world.

The sound of apperation could be heard behind them and Lucius quickly seized them by the arms. She was only able to take one last look at the man in the centre of the carnage before she was pulled to Malfoy Manor.