Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence.

Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task

Elysian actually felt something akin to pity for Harry when she saw him the day after the article hit the papers. He went from paragon to pariah in a matter of seconds and his friends had all abandoned him. Hermione had taken to hiding within the dungeon as even she was being picked on for her friendship with Harry. She had often seen Harry hiding in different corridors, trying to avoid anyone and everyone and she decided to approach, just this once.

The corridor was completely empty – everyone was either in the Great Hall or trying to talk to the foreign students – and Harry was sitting against the wall with his head in hands, shoulders heaving like he was crying. Elysian sighed, mostly at her own bleeding heart, and walked over, sliding against the wall until she was sitting beside him. Harry looked up for a second, exposing his watery eyes and red cheeks, before curling back up again and trying to ignore her presence.

"I'm not going to make fun of you," said Elysian, softly, "I'm not going to accuse you or threaten you. I'm just here to listen... so start talking."

Harry didn't speak for a few seconds, instead choosing to lean further on Elysian's shoulder. For the first time in her life, Elysian could sympathise with Harry and felt sorry for him instead of jealous.

"I finally know what it feels like," mumbled Harry, his voice was wavering with every letter. "Mum and dad turned on me... said I had to compete. They didn't believe me. Dumbledore refused to help me, mum and dad have abandoned me. Ron's accused me of cheating and I don't know what to do!"

Sighing softly, Elysian gently rubbed his back and didn't dare move as he continued to cry. She had no idea what to do or what to say to make him feel better. Deep down inside, she knew that this was probably some ploy by Dumbledore and Lily and James to bring her into the family again and, for once, she decided to go along with it. After all, what better way to destroy them then from the inside.

"You've got me," said Elysian and immediately Harry looked at her.

"Really? But you hate me," whimpered Harry.

"I don't hate you... I was jealous of you. Lily and James love you, they care for you and I was nothing more than the spare kid that did nothing more than sit there when Voldemort attacked."

She could see the realisation ignite in Harry's emerald eyes and suddenly she was wrapped in a hug. Shocked, Elysian went stiff until Harry released her.

"I'm going to give you some advice," said Elysian, once Harry had calmed down. "You're going to need to embrace you inner Slytherin to win this tournament. I would suggest using James' cloak and the Marauders map... I'll keep an ear out for you."

"Thank you!"

"Yeah, just don't tell anyone I'm helping you."

"Why?"

"Because if someone wanted me in the tournament as well, remember. If they know I'm helping you, they may try something else and I don't want to risk it."