Chapter Fifty-Three: The Pink Ballroom Gown.

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence – Control, Hasley.

Chapter Fifty-Three: The Pink Ballroom Gown.

Narcissa had gowns of varying colours waiting in the Lady's parlour. There were hundreds made from the best silk that money could buy and charmed with a myriad of different spells – some to help the inelegant, some to help the naturally cool of skin, some to help the naturally hot of skin, some to help someone breath and others to help all of the above. The colours ranged from white to black and every colour in between but each one was still rather dark and therefore able to fit in with the Slytherin theme of which the ball would be partaking in.

Of course, Elysian would forever remain within the green/emerald section of dresses, as was only correct since she was the Slytherin Queen, the rest of the selection was for the rest of the young ladies that would soon be arriving. Each girl had their own colour of which they always wore. Pansy always wore dark pinks, Daphne always wore royal blues, Astoria always wore dark yellows, Millicent always wore deep reds and Tracy always wore royal purples.

There were four dresses in each colour category with four different – yet similar – styles for the young ladies to pick from.

"I don't think I have enough of a selection," said Narcissa, after showing Elysian all the dresses. "Though we can always go and buy some more before the ball begins."

Elysian giggled slightly and walked towards her section of dresses. The silk felt like flour following through her finger tips and it was just as soft as well.

"Tell me, dear," said Narcissa after a moment, "what has your mind so distracted?"

Turning, she released a sigh as her shoulders dropped and she slipped into the chair behind her. Elysian hadn't even realised she was so tense, so obvious, until Narcissa had called her out for it.

"I'm worried," said Elysian, her mind swimming as she spoke. "Dumbledore is an incredibly clever man and I have so many plans that he could ruin with a simple deference from his norm... not to mention the Death Eaters and all of their advice. I'm starting to believe that I may be in over my head."

"I've known a great many clever men," said Narcissa with a smirk. "I've outlived them all. You know why?" Elysian shook her head. "I ignored them. You've managed to do more for our cause then any of the men outside of this room since you've been at Hogwarts and you're still doing more. You're at the forefront of this war, alongside the Dark Lord, and you've taken up the position beautifully and with all the elegance of a true Slytherin Queen."

This seemed to sooth something within Elysian. It seemed that Narcissa had given Elysian the maternal support she had always needed without either woman realising it. Soon the two were back to trying on dresses and discussing different shoes with no thought as to the intense conversation they had just had.

~CA~

"It would appear that Dumbledore has reached out to the Minister with a request for a Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor," said Lucius, the evening before the Ball. "And the Minister has happily obliged, if only to keep an eye on our esteemed headmaster. It would appear that he saw Mr Potter's insistence that our Lord has returned as an attempt by Dumbledore to undermine the Ministry and begin mass panic."