Chapter Forty-Four: The Third Task.

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence.

Chapter Forty-Four: The Third Task.

"But he seemed so sincere when he spoke to me," said Hermione in a small voice.

They were sitting in the Hufflepuff common room with Hannah Abbot and Susan Bones and Neville. Draco, Hermione, Elysian, Blaise and Daphne had managed to get in with the help of the entire Hufflepuff fourth-years, who knew Elysian's reputation alone. The Weasley twins were quick to join them and it was the first time in months they had all managed to get together and Elysian was rather upset that the reason for their meeting hadn't been a good one.

"Not everyone who spoke to you friendly was really your friend," said Elysian rather bitterly.

Draco shook his head as Hermione settled into his lap. He couldn't believe how arrogant Potter was to try and manipulate the Queen of Slytherin. It was obvious how much the betrayal had hurt her: she was an open book now and everyone could tell exactly what she was thinking.

"Why would he even think this was a good idea?" asked Hannah after a moment. "Surely he knew that she would figure it out eventually!"

"Potter isn't the brightest lumos of the wands," explained Neville. "He keeps going round reminding everyone he's the 'Chosen One'... he's almost as bad as Dumbledore."

"A man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king," said Blaise absentmindedly.

Hermione's eyes went wide: "He knows I'm nice to you! Elysian he knows we talk!"

"Relax," hushed Elysian with a smirk. "He doesn't know that we've known each other for years, he'll probably assume that we were in the same study group or something."

Nodding, everyone settled down further and began opening books to study. Elysian could tell they wanted to ask more and say more, even prod her for some emotions, but they were smart enough not to. Blaise was aching to comfort her but could do nothing but settle for a comforting stare.

"We should probably return to our common rooms before something happens," said Elysian after another hour.

"Yeah," nodded Draco.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow for the third task. Tell Cedric 'good luck' from me."

~EP~

The students were forced out to the Quidditch Pitch that morning. The dark, dreary atmosphere was radiating off of every student as they settled into their places and watched the huge maze that had been presented to them. Draco and Daphne sat on either side of Elysian with matching blank expressions.

Elysian stared as Harry came charging out of the tend with an expression of pure arrogance on his face. He looked up and, for a moment, their twin eyes locked and Elysian watched as he turned away and began running to the maze. Blaise kept a close eye on her throughout the event until Mad Eye Moody entered their stands.

"Miss Potter, I need to speak with you," he said in his gruff voice.

"Of course, Professor," said Elysian, quickly standing up and leaving the stands.

They walked until they found a quiet corner and began to speak freely.

"The Dark Lord requests your presence," said Barty, holding out a ring to her.

"How could you possibly use a portkey inside Hogwarts?" asked Elysian.

"Seems Hogwarts wants you to," said Moody.

"Hogwarts?"

"I allowed it, just this once. After all, if Tom didn't return, how would your reign ever begin?"

Elysian smirked and gently accepted the ring. Barty stared at her for a good few seconds before nodding and sliding away.

Suddenly she felt the familiar pull on her navel... and she was gone.