Chapter Forty-Nine: The Aftermath

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence – Control, Hasley.

Chapter Forty-Nine: The Aftermath

When Elysian returned to Grimmauld Place, she was paler than the moon. She had just murdered her parents... sure they weren't good parents but they were her family, her blood kin... She had killed her family and now would have to come face to face with her traitorous brother and pretend that she hadn't taken her wand to the people he loved. She also had to now face her uncles – James' best friends – and inform then of her actions.

Lady Black could instantly see the different in Elysian as she walked through the front door. Quietly, Walburga called for Kreature and told him to get some hot chocolate and calming potions. Sirius stepped into the hallway, having heard the door and seen Kreature in the kitchen, but didn't move from his place by the kitchen door, Walburga sent him a warning look when he opened his mouth and motioned for him to allow Elysian to speak first.

"...Um... where's Remus?" asked Elysian quietly.

And suddenly Sirius wasn't seeing the majestic dragon Elysian had grown into, instead he was seeing a little girl, a little girl who had obviously done something she thought was wrong and was terrified of the consequences.

"In the library, where else would the Ravendore be?" said Sirius, attempting to lighten the mood.

Elysian nodded. Kreature quickly popped into the hallway, holding the hot chocolate out for her to take. Taking the warm drink, Elysian gently patted Kreature's head and followed him as he led her up the stairs and into the second floor of the library. Sirius wandered slightly behind them, Walburga following along with the paintings, attempting to figure out what Voldemort could have done to shake Elysian up so badly.

Remus had already been warned by Kreature and the other portraits about Elysian's mood and instantly moved to get three chairs ready for them. He, too, was attempting to figure out what could have happened to make Elysian so fragile. He didn't dare move when Elysian entered the library, Sirius trailing behind her, nor did he speak when she settled into her usual chair, in fact he didn't do anything in fear that she'd suddenly run away.

"Elysian? Are you okay?" asked Remus, his voice was soothing and soft as he stared at his niece. "Did something happen?"

"I...I...I killed the Potters," said Elysian, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Pardon?" asked Sirius.

"You killed the Potters?" repeated Remus.

"Yes..."

Sirius watched as a myriad of emotions flashed across Remus' face and decided that it was best if he began speaking. Being serious wasn't something Sirius was used to but he needed to try, if only so he could understand.

"Can you explain what happened?"

Elysian nodded: "We arrived at his manor and he took me to the dungeon... where James and Lily were chained up against the wall... he said 'I want you to kill them, and prove that you're one of us' and they were yelling... they couldn't even remember my name ... and I took my wand and... and I cast the Killing Curse ... I killed them..."