Chapter Eight: The Mirror of Erised.

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Note: This story has been rewritten because I didn't think it was really up to my standards and I honestly forgot half of the subplots I was supposed to be adding into this story so I'm rewriting it all.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Ellis

Chapter Eight: The Mirror of Erised.

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban the few owls that managed to battle their way through the stormy sky to deliver post had to be nursed back to health by Hagrid before they could fly off again.

No one could wait for the holidays to start. While the Slytherin common room was as warm as it was in the summer – thank you warming charms! – the draughty corridors had become icy and a bitter wind rattled the windows in the classrooms. Worst of all were Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons, where their breath rose in a mist before them and Gryffindors made sure to stay close to their cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry," said Harry, one potions class, "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

Elysian had to practically hold back both Draco and Blaise back from attacking her twin brother. Harry had no idea that Elysian would be remaining at Hogwarts for Christmas to find out what the three-headed dog – Hermione told her his name was Fluffy – was guarding. It intrigued her to no end how Dumbledore seemed to have created a little test for her brother to make sure he was the 'Chosen One' and yet it made perfect sense as to why he would do such a thing.

The emerald-eyed girl was now one of the most powerful Slytherins in the entire house, though not with her magic. Having been good friends with Draco since before Hogwarts, Elysian was welcomed with open arms and slowly, with everyone she helped, she had worked her way up to being the Queen of Slytherin with Draco being the Prince that everyone had to go through to speak to her. Admittedly, this hadn't been part of her plan until at least fourth year – she would have to change some of her plans – but she couldn't have been happier with how it had turned out this year.

It seemed no one in Slytherin was staying for the holidays so Elysian was going to be alone for Christmas – she was not going home even if they tried to force her – especially since Neville would be going home to visit his parents.

"Sorry you've got to say, Elly," Draco had said when he found out. "My parents would love to have you around."

"We both know my parents would never agree to it," Elysian sighed. "And since I'm only eleven I'm not allowed to abandon them – even if they abandon me first."

"Owl me any time," the boys had ordered her as they got on the train to leave.

It was then that she noticed her brother coming towards her holding his trunk. He scanned her body before looking at her with confused eyes and annoyance written on his lightening scared face. Ronald was getting on the train to get them a compartment and so didn't notice that his best mate wasn't behind them.