Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence.

Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.

Professor Snape made sure to keep Elysian in his eyeline as they were walked towards the Hospital Wing. Harry had yet to release her from his arms and his eyes were constantly jumping from left to right, trying to see if there was anything that could harm either of the siblings. Professor McGonagall had already left to inform everyone of Elysian's return and safety, though she truly had not wanted to leave, especially since two of her students were in shock.

Dumbledore was attempting to get closer to Harry and Elysian with every step but every time he got within touching distance, Elysian immediately flinched away causing Harry to move further. It got so bad that eventually Harry motioned for Professor Snape to stand next to them, between them and Dumbledore, in order to make Elysian feel safer.

Madam Pomfrey practically forced Harry and Elysian apart in order to examine them both behind the privacy of a curtain. Elysian was given a multitude of calming and pain potions – which she poured into the nearest plant. Once Madam Pomfrey was sure that neither Potter was dying, she settled them into beds next to each other and allowed the rest of the staff to enter.

Elysian hadn't expected the Minister of Magic to enter the Hospital Wing alongside Dumbledore and Professor Snape. The moment Professor Snape got the 'okay' from Madam Pomfrey, he quickly made his way over to Elysian to check her over himself.

"Miss Potter –" Cornelius coughed, "—Miss Black, we are going to need you to explain where you were, this evening."

"You know where she was!" hissed Harry, "I told you."

"Mr Potter, you must understand that we need to hear this from her, not you," said Minister Fudge.

Softly, Elysian motioned for Harry to calm down and she began to speak: "I... I was sitting in the stands, next to Draco Malfoy and Daphne Greengrass... then Professor Moody... or whoever he was... he came up and asked me to come with him. I thought it was something to do with Harry... that maybe he'd been hurt during the task... so I did as I was told... he took me to a room and he gave me this ring."

Elysian held up her hand, showing them the deactivated Portkey that had once linked her to Barty and Tom. Immediately, Professor Snape removed the ring from her finger and ran a scan over it. He confirmed that it was, in fact, a portkey and placed it into his extra potion pouch.

"How could a portkey have worked in Hogwarts?" asked Fudge, "the wards should prevent it!"

"Lord Voldemort is the Heir of Slytherin and therefore anything made by him can be used within Hogwarts grounds," said Dumbledore, with his grandfatherly twinkle.

Fudge flinched at the use of Tom's name and seemed to glare at Dumbledore. A quick sweep of Fudge's mind allowed Elysian to see that he truly didn't believe Tom was back. She could work with that.

"Miss Black, please continue," prompted Fudge.

"Um... I put the ring on... and then everything went black... I don't really remember what happened until I arrived back in that classroom... I'm sorry! I..."