Chapter One: Diagon Alley

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor d I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Note: This story has been rewritten because I didn't think it was really up to my standards and I honestly forgot half of the subplots I was supposed to be adding into this story so I'm rewriting it all.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Ellis

Chapter Song: Doll House.

Chapter One: Diagon Alley

Tick tock, tick tock.

Elysian Lillian Potter sighed as she watched the pendulum across from her swing back and forth inside its glass case. The grandfather clock stood in the corner of the room, immaculate and well taken care of, and seemed so out of place in the gold and red bedroom she had been forced to inhabit. Its spruce body and black hinges clashed against the bright oak frames and hedging and golden handles on all of the draws; even the bedroom door matched the décor perfectly. Perhaps it was a metaphor for her?

A dark being in a home full of the bright and colour full, constantly clashing with her family... no, her biological relations.

As far as Elysian was aware, she didn't have a family – well, she had a godfather, though he was no longer around after standing up for her eleven years ago. Lily and James Potter were her 'parents' through blood and magic only: they didn't care for Elysian since she wasn't the 'Chosen One' and her magic was of a darker persuasion compared to them. The 'Chosen One' was her twin brother, Harry James Potter – an arrogant and idiotic boy with no self-preservation and a brain the size of a walnut – though they looked almost nothing alike except for a few key features.

Harry had a thin face, knobbly knees, black hair and bright-green eyes. He wore round glasses that were from one of the most famous fashion designers in the Wizarding World that had been handcrafted to match James'. The only part of Harry's appearance Elysian was even slightly envious of was the very thin scar on his forehead in the shape of a lightening bolt: it was the reason he was always recognised and beloved by so many... it was the one thing that could give her what she wanted so desperately... to be loved.

Elysian had a thin face with high cheek bones; an hour glass frame, unburn hair that fell to her elbows and bright-green eyes. She didn't have glasses or a scar but light brown freckles and very pale skin. Her hands were delicate and soft, having never worked or done any manual labour, and she had nice long nails that were French tipped and perfectly clean.

Tick tock, tick tock.

The clock continued ticking sending Elysian further into a trance as she watched the brass hands stagger around the face. It was almost eleven, almost time for her to hide in her room – though she would do that anyway since she wasn't welcome anywhere near her mother and father – and pretend not to hear the sound of joy and excitement as Harry's birthday party began and he enjoyed the love his family and friends were giving him. She'd try and ignore all of the laughter as Harry and Ronald Weasley rode on brooms around the estate and Molly and Lily joked about different people and their fashion flops.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring.

They had arrived. Elysian sat up, eyes jumping from the clock to the bedroom door, and she listened out, knowing who would be entering the house a second later. Clicking heels alerted her to her mother's presence as Lily Potter nee Evans descended the massive, marble staircase towards the front door. Having resided in the manor for eleven years meant Elysian was well aware of each sound made within it, it was one of the reasons she could so easily recognise Harry running down the landing in his newest pair of Nike trainers – it may have been a muggle brand but Lily had wanted her son to have the best footwear possible so had bought him a load of muggle shoes and enchanted them. Elysian instantly recognised Ronald's loud and obnoxious voice calling out for some party food; it was one of the reasons he revolted her so much.