Chapter Fifty-Six: The Sorting Hats new Song

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence – Control, Hasley.

Empire by Beth Crowley

Chapter Fifty-Six: The Sorting Hats new Song

The carriage ride was comfortably quiet. Daphne had her head in her book, Draco and Blaise were quietly talking about the best strategies for Quidditch and Elysian was forcing on the new sensations she was feeling from those around her. Empathy was not something she was unfamiliar with but the fact she could actually feel other peoples emotions now, thanks to her Veela side, was rather off-putting.

She could feel Draco's excitement as he went through the strategies in his head, feel Daphne's giddiness as she reached her favourite part of her book, feel Blaise' longing for the two of them to be able to talk... it made her feel like her head was exploding.

"Are you alright?" Daphne asked, seeing Elysian wince.

"Yes, just trying to get used to all these sensations," said Elysian, rubbing her head lightly. "Though the range on my empathy is rather small, it appears that I'm getting easily overwhelmed... I'll have to work on that in future."

"What do you mean range?"

"Think of it like a chess board, I'm in the middle and every square around me is someone I can feel," explained Elysian. "The more I learn and exercise it, the larger the range I'll get."

"That makes sense," nodded Blaise, settling back.

"Shouldn't your shields stop the emotions from being able to come through?"

"Nope. Turns out my Veela half requires its own shields in order to stop emotions. Sometimes I hate my life," groaned Elysian.

"The price we pay for power," chuckled Blaise.

The carriage stopped and the boys were the first to step out, turning quick to help the girls out before joining the rest of the Slytherins as they headed inside.

The Entrance Hall was ablaze with torches and echoing with footsteps as the students crossed the flagged stone floor for the double doors to the right, leading to the Great Hall and the start-of-term feast.

The four long house tables in the Great Hall were filling up under the starless black ceiling, which was just like the sky they could glimpse through the high windows. Candles floated in midair all along the tables, illuminating the silvery ghosts who were dotted about the Hall and the faces of the students talking eagerly, exchanging summer news, shouting greetings at friends from other houses, eying each others new hair cuts and robes. Again, Elysian noticed people putting their heads down and whispering as she passed, she smirked and made sure to sashay her hips, just to keep them talking.

Arriving at the Slytherin table, Elysian settled down and greeted the rest of her group. Some people were chatting about the Malfoy ball and others were speaking about the new DADA teacher.

The overwhelming amount of emotions Elysian was feeling made her feel dizzy but she did her best to ignore it. It was exhausting and her head felt like it was splitting apart but she didn't dare let it seem like it was affecting her. She had to be strong.