Chapter 4

It has been a long time since my bike and I had a ride and the weather outside was favouring. Clouds covering most the sky but didn't show any promise of rain,cool breeze and the sun playing hide and seek with the clouds. I put on a pair of  black jeans,a black cropped top,a pair of boots and a leather jacked for in case something changed in the weather.

" And were are you going?" She asked with a raised brow and a suitcase in tow. I looked at the bag and her. "Um...I may be staying for a day or two." She said as she eyed me up and down,probably my choice of clothing. "I was going for a ride,to clear my head plus you just said and going one more reason for me to leave." I said in a 'as a matter of fact' tone,shifting all my weight to my right leg. She gave me an apologetic look.

Is it going to be like this all the time?

I sighed and smiled at her reassuringly. "You sure you'll be okay? I could stay and leave with you." She suggested and I just couldn't take it anymore. I mean like really she was already taking the first step towards her room and she told me how important this party was to her and how she had to be there to help finalise things. What kind of friend would I be if I made her stay? I would never do that to her and the party. I was a little amused. "You can go. I promise you that I'll be fine plus we will be meeting in 13 hours!" I whispered in her ear giving her a hug. She squeezed the life out of me. "I can't breath Ana!" She quickly let me out off her embrace and we both laughed. "Now let's go or you'll be late and I will fell bad and I am not in the mood to fell bad." I joked.

We got in the garage and she got in her grey Audi and I got my helmet and went to my motorbike. "Guess I'll be seeing you in 13hrs!" I said as I stood by my bike ad she looked at me through the open window. "Oh,and before I forget,I will sent a car to get you." She gave me a mischievous grin. "Don't freed about it,I'll just take my car. All you have to do is sent me is a pin location." I protested. She was going to go big and I just didn't fell like going big anytime soon. "I love your car I really do..." She spared a glance at my baby,my jeep. I loved that car with all I had in me. "...but you are not getting out of this one." She smiled and I heaved a sigh of defeat.

She got out off the garage and drove to the party venue and I went to nowhere. I didn't really have a plan of where I was going but I wanted somewhere quiet and without people.

I rode to two hours straight, getting as far away as I possibly could. I looked around, mountains stood in their glorious beauty and the trees at the bottom gave life to the place but apart from that everything was open. The air was fresh ,unpolluted by humans. My lungs craved it,and it was intoxicating. How they had left such beauty untouched was beyond me. I had taken the South road and Ana took the North, and for the first I thought she was leaving town but she reassured me.

It was not my first time going on the road but every time felt different, like it was my first all over again. And I loved that feeling. I got back on my bike and rode a little further,to a place with less trees. The town was built inside a forest or was it the forest that was made around the forest?either way something was built first between the two. It was as big as any big town with as much people. It looked like  a city not as big as New York but still big.

After thirty minutes,I found what  I was looking for,my little spot. The place looked like a desert and in that desert stood a tree. A loner and it's shade would beat one made by an umbrella ten times. I didn't know its species,I  didn't care to know but I did know it was on the brick of extinction. Humans were the worst,as if global warming was not enough.

I sat under it's shade,on a stone I had put there three years back. I looked at the landscape. Breathtaking  was the only word I could think of. I leaned on the tree trunk for the umpteenth time and for the umpteenth time I fell asleep under the tree. I opened my eyes to the sensual sound of silence. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and thought to look at the time. I had slept for five hours an that left me with five hours and thirty minutes. The time read 13:30 hours. I looked at my watch and back to the phone just to make sure and it was correct. I spend the thirty minutes thinking about all the shit that had happened to me in the past three years. The good memories I made in those years and the bad ones and that made me think about Steve. I quickly shoved them off. I did not want to cry not again and mostly because of him. I refused to dwell in those moments and the scene I saw that fateful day. It was forever engraved in my brain. I couldn't bring my self to eat let for a few days and I didn't go to work for two weeks. I was a crying, sobbing mess.

After the thirty minutes I went home and that took me two hours and thirty minutes.

I had only two hours and thirty minutes to get ready and I had not looked at the dress I was working with. I ran to my bedroom as soon as I had safely put the motorbike in the garage. I took  five minutes and from then on I stopped counting, it was going to drive me crazy and I had no time to spare for crazy.

The dress was a maroon open back. The back hung so low I was convinced my sacral dimples were showing but fortunately enough for me, they were not. I applied natural makeup and a maroon mate lipstick. She had shoes delivered. They were black heels with gold detailing. I pleated my hair on one side and made soft curls at the bottom, which was really hard since I had straight hair. I marvelled at my reflection in the mirror and to top it all,the dress had a sledge on the left leg. I mentally thanked God that I had shaved my legs the day prior.

The doorbell rang a few times before I went to get it. "I'm coming!" I shouted,as it got too much. I took the gold purse she left for me and went out the door,but not before triple checking if my phone was in there and some money.

I opened the door and there stood a tall brood man, His hair was neatly combed back and he wore one of those expensive looking suits. I stole a peek behind the guy and I saw a limousine.

Limo?

She really did go above and beyond!

"This way miss." He said leading me to the door.

Anastasia never put in so much effort for a party. And why she wanted me to come with was a mystery. But I knew one thing and it was proven by the chauffeur that appeared at my door step.

This was no ordinary party.