Chapter 22

"Do you know that guy?" He asked as we got to the entrance/exit. I could barely speak coherently. I was still in shock from all that had happened minutes ago and where the hell was Ethan when I needed him the most.

"Yes." I answered in a choked-up voice. I didn't want him to see me like That. I didn't want him to think I was weak,but I couldn't hold them tears anymore.

I had stopped crying the moment we got to the crowd of happy and drunk people. He gave me his coat to cover up and I gladly took it. It smelled of him and it was comforting to know that he was there with me. That he had protected me.

He asked no further questions but I knew that was not the end of it. He would probably ask me again when I was a bit more composed and better. If I ever could recover from that.

"Sam...he...He is n-not..." My voice came out in patches. The thought of him possible being dead haunted me. And if he was,it would all be my fault. I would be responsible for it.

"Sam." He said distasteful. "So that's the scum-bag's name." He said in a monotone. "He lives. " I felt a wave if relieve wash over me after he said that. I was not going to jail after all. I had not killed a person.

Thank you Lord!

And that reminded me how did he hear those? I was not talking out loud was I?

"Let me take you home." He said,hand pulling me impossible closer to him as hit him with one side of my body. "I'll be fine. Ethan can take me." I said attempting to get my phone and call Ethan but my bag was nowhere in sight.

"Shit!" I cursed inwardly. "I left my purse in the bathrooms."  I  wanted to call Ethan so he could take me home. His hold on me tightened a bit but not enough to hurt me. It was a protective hold.  One I had began to love. "I'll tell someone to get it." He said giving me space to get in the car. So he didn't want me to leave either 4

Vince?!

"Vince?" I blurted out. "Miss Wilde,how do you do tonight?" I looked at him not bothering to answered him. His eyes scanned my distort frame and the hand around  my waist. His expression grew apologetic. A minute later a guy arrived with my black purse in his hands. I took the phone out and called Ethan only to not answer.  I tried a few more times and still got nothing. He was probably busy.

The alcohol had lost most of it's effect on me. I was not sober but better compared to the time before the whole shit with Sam started. If the guy had happened to have died,I was going to be scared,shit scared but at the same time praying that he went to hell for his actions.

"What are you..." It was one of those moments when you thought that you would never see a person but then accidentally met. "I will be your driver for the night." He said smiling sincerely. "Get in the car." Nick instructed. I looked at him in total disbelieve. He had no right to boss  me arouwwnd. "I knew that." I said annoyed as I got in the car,without his help. It was a grey SUV. He ran his hands in his hair in clear frustration and got in the car.

"What the hell are you wearing? You didn't wear that to the club did You?" I all but shouted. The guy was wearing a damn suit to a club. A shit. Who in their right mind wore a suit to a club? Oh right,Nick Wildwood.

"What's wrong with I'm wearing?" He fixed the sleeves of his shirt. He was unaware or was he pretending? "Nothing." I said giving up and took out my phone to check the time. It was still early. "Where are we going?" I looked to him. I was not going to go to sleep as yet. I had to get rid of all the events of the bathroom. "You don't look..." I cut him off. "Like someone that almost got raped?" He looked at me in bewilderment. " You are..." He seemed to struggle with his words so I helped him. "Care free. I choose to not dwell on thing that almost happened. It didn't happen right?" He nodded slightly. "Yah,it didn't.  So why should I stop living because of something that did not happen? It doesn't make any sense in doing it.  They is no use in stressing about it anymore. It's now part of my past." I said diverting my attention to the outside as we past all the big buildings. "Now tell me,where is it exactly we're going. I hope it's somewhere fun." I said in a giddy voice. The total opposite of how I was moments ago.