Chapter 41

SCARLETT'S POV

"What a lousy day for a Chrismas." I said with a chuckle,with my head resting on his chest. "I'll make it up to you tomorrow. I promise." He said taking a breathing in the scent of my hair.

I missed my head,whisperering a sloppy 'good night'.

The night was as quiet as it could be considered the house was in a forest. Yeah,it was quiet to a certain point.

'Don't leave me ,please. I wanted to tell you  but I didn't know how to. Don't leave .wait,please let me expl...don't leave.'

That's the closest I could get to explain his nightmare. He was literally sweating,torsing and turning.

He bolted from the bed,heaving and sweat dripping form his face. He wiped the sweat off his face,and covered his face with his face right after. I set upright,concerned as fuck. "It's just a bad dream." I cooed,stroking his hair. "I'm here for you,baby. Everything will be ok."

First of all,I knew not what was going on. All I knew was that the man I loved had a nightmare and I had to help. I had no idea what to do but all I knew was that I had to do something.

I stoked his hair until he went back to sleep again,and I also went back to sleep,though I barely made it part two hours of sleep without waking up.

"Morning,sleepy head." I greeted him as he appeared from the cornerr,with a towel around his waist. "Morning to you too,babe." He said walking closer and coming me a light kiss in the forehead.

I had made breakfast,bacon,roast,bakery bought waffles,eggs and just cleaning up after myself.

"Could you please pour the coffee." I say putting the dirty and I mean dirty,dishes in the sink. He poured the coffee and I wiped the spills,and we were ready to have breakfast.

Some time during breakfast,"Do you have plans today?" I asked. "I have a meeting I have to get to down town,and that's just about it. Why do you have something in mind? I will cancel mine."

I wanted to tell him of my plans to go the doctor. To verify that I really was pregnant. "I was just asking,no particular reason. But I was planning on going to the mall but before that I'm going part my house to get a few things."  replied simply.

Truthfully I was going to my house and the mall,but first I was going to ny house,then the hospital,and I had asked Ana to make an appointment for me with Dean. My OBGYN and a friend. I had about two hours to waste before leaving.

"Oh,I come and get you from the mall then." He said,putting a mouthful of pancake in this mouth. He had refilled his plate about two times since we started eating,while I was struggling to finish mine. And to add to that he commanded I finished my good,like a kid.

"No,I'll be fine but...you could go and help me choose. Nothing beats going shopping with your boyfriend." I said with a big goofy grin. He laughed lightly at my comment and continued eating.

 "Oh,and I'm going back to work next week. Can you velive that? Two months have passed." I said with a distant smile. His gaze moved from the plate infront of him to me,momentarily.

He returned my smile with a pained look on his face,though I highly doubt he was pained about me going back to work. But the thing that bothered me was the nightmare he had. He refused to tell me about it. Shrugged it off and said very simply mighty add that,'it was nothing'. As if nightmare happened everyday.

"What day?" He asked shortly after clearing his throat. I shifted my eyes from him to the food in front of me,grabbing the eggs.
"Nest week wednesday." I said sheepishly,ignoring the sound of his voice. The voice of a man that was on the verge of loosing.