Chapter 24

NICK'S POV

"What?! What do you mean?" My voice echoed through the walls of the pack house. "Son what's the matter? What is wrong?" Mother asked running my way.

She was old,like 345 years old. Unfortunately for her,she matured a little later than most lycans.  She had the face of a typical 30 year old woman while father who was actually 545 years old,looked barely 35.  And to say they both kept their bodies in Good health would be an understatement.

"She i-is...She is..." I didn't know what to make off after what I had heard. Scarlett had started to see things and say things. And from the things she had said 'Sam ' was one of them.

Could it be that-

I shifted into my lycan and ran out the house like a mad-man,leaving mother standing there wondering what was the matter. The people that saw me were filled with curiosity and horror. The only times they ever got to see me in that state,running like that were when my mother was attacked by rogues on a stroll in the woods and when I had to solve a problem in a neighboring pack. Both those times didn't end well for those people. Half the pack was dipped out. I had to leave some to grow the pack and as for the rogues well--were now part of history.

I got to the house in a flash. I had gone there a few times but in lycan form. I never got near enough for her to see me. She thought my eyes were bulbs in the woods.

I went back into my human form and pulled on the cloths that were neatly placed at the back of their sofa. I knew then that Anastasia had put them there. She must have known that I would come. That we were mates. Scarlett had told her amd i wouldn't pit it past her. Damn that woman talked amd i loved that about her. I followed the trail of her scent and it lead to her room. In more specifics,in her bathroom.  She was wearing down on the cold tiles with only a thin piece of fabric to cover her. She was backed into the corner,Her hair covering her face all the way to her feet. Her knees were pulled close and her head rested there. "Mate." Her head shoot up at me,her eyes bulges. She looked like someone that had not eaten or slept in days. The hair was still in her face but as much as then she I saw her the moment I came in. She kept rocking herself back and forth. She was in pain,i frlt that but from What? We we're in heat cause it would have happened to me too,So what had made her like that. It hurt me deeply to see her like that. So broken and scared.

"Nick." She said din a broken barely audible voice. She ran to me,crashing into me full force with tears falling from her eyes. My heart sank,I didn't want to see her like that. I never wanted her to be like that and I never wanted for her to be like that because of me or anyone else for that matter.

I stumbled back a little die to the sudden unexpected impact.  She cried into my chest,her hold on me so tight you could swear she was falling off a cliff or something deeper. "Don't leave. Never leave me,please." She sobbed. The shirt I was wearing was soaked from her tears and she had not stopped. "I will never." I said in a low voice,my hands rubbing her back soothing her as I pulled her  loser to me.  Anastasia excused herself out of the bathroom leaving us together. "What's the matter? Does something hurt?" I asked,My voice laced in concern while my face was writ ten panic. "I was about to get raped. He was going to..." Her voice broke and she cried even harder.

So that meant that the time in the car she had not fully processed the situation and it's full extension. She had finally realized it and that's when it hit her. We all have our own ways of dealing with things and this was her own.

"He is alright. He is-" Her hands went around me as she hugged me. "Hold me and never let go." She said in a low voice. I did as instructed as her body gave in under me but quickly recovered. She welcomed the heat radiating from me. Her body subconsciously relaxed .

I picked her in my arms and took her to bed. "Don't leave me alone." She begged pulling on the shirt. I stayed with her in bed that was until a call from my sister came. She had called Anastasia and I wonder where she took her number course those two never saw eye to eye.

"What do you want?" My voice harsh. "I wanted to-" She stopped as my mate said something. "Don't leave. Never leave me Nick." Yeah I was still on the bed. "Who is that?" She was suddenly filled with anger but as for why she sounded like that was none of my business.

"Tell Dylan to go to finish the remaining paperwork in the office." I  said ignoring her question and hungup the phone.

She fell asleep in my arms for the first time and I had entered her bedroom for the first time.