chapter 26

SCARLETT'S POV

On Halloween,some people claim to see weird things and I saw one but from afar.

I was in my room,had just came of the bathroom and still had a towel over my body. The date with Nick had went very well and when I returned back home I found Ana no where in the house.

It was an innocent look outside,a quick look and that was it. I saw the the two bulbs I had seen the other time but this time they were a bit closer. They kept coming closer and I neared to the glass. Wanting to see this things. A figure appeared from the shadows of the woods. It was bigger than any bear i had seen.

It stood tall on it's hind feet. It's  physic was more human built. It was more muscle than I had ever seen with pitch black fur that seemed yo shine with the night. It's blue eyes looked familiar,like I had seen them somewhere. They reminded of Nick and I locked eyes with it.  The creature was in no way hideous,it was shit scary and scared the shit out of me. Something in it's eyes made me fell safe,guaranteed me protection and endless boundless love.

Love in something that looked like it could kill you within a second,no. I was not even gonna try.

"Halloween is really getting to you buddy." I said as I turned to get the body lotion and apply it to my body. The beast had ran away into the woods leaving me feeling as if I had imagined the  whole thing. They was still a double,it was Halloween and anything could happen in Halloween.

Seconds after I had walked in the kitchen,the front door opened and closed. "Ana is that you?" I shouted opening the fridge door to take out the ingredients I would need to make food. It had been a while since I had a home cooked and that to,made by I or Ana. Most of the time we ordered in because we were too tired to cook ourselves or lazy.

"Yeah." She said walking into the kitchen with a tired look on her face but it quickly turned into a smile when she saw the food I had placed on the counter. "Please tell me your going to cook us dinner." She said with a big grin on her face and eyes that seemed to twinkle a little. "Just a little something to cure my hunger for a home cooked meal." I said turned to the shelved to take out a knife. She smiled at me. "You are a life saver." She said running off to her room,leaving her bags on the other end of the counter.

I was going to make a stew that my mom tought me and rice to go with it. It wasn't much but it tasted as good as the next thing.

She returned wearing pyjamas,shorts and a matching top. "Your phone is ringing." I shouted from the kitchen. She was watching a medical show we had both grown to love. She took the call. "I'll be there later." She said leaning on the fridge. "I am about to have the best meal of my life and your telling me to go." She said in sassy voice. "I'll try to bring you some if there are any leftovers." She said giving me a wink of which I didn't know what it meant so I went with it and winked back. "I love you too." She said before making kissy noises into the phone. "You gonna leave?" I said leading my eyes from the onions on the chopping as they had started to make me cry. "Yes but a little later." She said going back to watch the TV. "And where do you think you're going? You are going to help me. Now go and rinse the rice." I said stopping her mid-walk nd she turned to me with a frown. "They aren't gonna make themselves you do know that." I said and continued to cut the onions.

"That was really good. I wonder if they are any leftovers for Strider." She had went to refill two times and the plate she had just finished was her thirt. "I'm not so sure anymore." I said with wide shocked eyes as she patted her full stomach. "I'm gonna tell your mom to teach me how to cook like that." She said taking the plates to the sink. "You don't have to. Your cooking is fine." I said following after her to clean the mess we had made. "I don't want it to be 'fine',I want it to be just as good." She said putting them in and turning the water on. "So you're saying I'm a good cook?" I teased,putting more dishes next to the sinks. They were mostly the things I had used. She gave me an evil look. "We are going to wash them together." I defended taking a step back to protect myself from that look on her face. It was that kind of look you gave a person that had just put one more dish on a pile of many more that you had to wash. It was that kind.