Chapter 23

"You What?!" Ana all but shouted. We were seating in the cafeteria eating lunch and her outrageous reactions when ever I told her a bomb caused all the eyes to momentarily land on us. "Stop doing that." I said in a hushed voice. I was beyond imbarrassed. I hated it when all the attention was on me and in everything in my life I avoided it,though sometimes it got hard because of my big mouth. I talked too much.

I had no surgeries to prep for or to perform as for the day. So I spent most of it doing routine check ups with Anastasia by my side.

"How was the sleep?" She was curious and I had brought that on myself. "It was good. " I said and took a bite of my sandwich. She had took the privilege of making me lunch and I had turned down an invitation from Nick to go out on a lunch date. I had agreed on dinner instead at nine the following day.

"As in Good,'we kissed,made love and cuddled' or Good, 'we kissed and cuddled and eventually drifted to sleep'. Which?" She pryed. "None of those. God,Ana!" I remarked in horror and flushed. "Really?" She gave me the 'out with it look'. "We just slept and that was it this time." I said truthfully and that seemed to make her let it go.

"I don't wanna lead myself into my own demise. You know what I mean?" She looked at me apologetically. She felt sorry for me. "Listen sweet heart,if what you have told so far is really true. Then I think you should be with the guy. He seems good enough plus you can't be single forever."

"Says who?"

"Ok,that's below the point. What I want to say is that you should let yourself love that man. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way possibly even more." She sounded pretty sure of herself. "And how would you know?" I questioned her. "I just know. Now give it a try." She said a smile.

The rest of lunch was peaceful as well as the rest of the day.

NICK'S POV

Ok so I read her mind. It was meant to be a once off thing then but who could blame me. It was more of a suicide mission every time I stopped the urge.

"Who let her in here?" I asked the guy that was incharge of the security. Earlier that day I had received an invitation. A personal invitation to go the Castle. It was a club situated down town. It was known for all the things that kept the youth entertained except for the drugs. They were prohibited.

I had just spotted my mate on the dance floor. She was dancing with some brown haired looser,that was drooling over her. He found every reason to grind her hips with his and it infuriated me to no extent. I wanted to rip his throat and scatter his insides.

"You should serious calm down." Dylan said seating nest to me. "Calm down you say? You're telling me to calm down?" I barked a thunderous growl escaping. "I'll calm down once he is dead." I stormed to the dance floor.

Alpha,they is something wrong with your mother. She needs you.

I would have to kill him later. I walked cool to the back exit of club and quickly shifted into my lycan. I was half way to the pack house when something stopped me in my track. Dylan was closely behind me.

What's wrong?

Dylan asked as he came to a sudden halt a few feet from where I was.

She is in danger.

I was hit by a huge wave of panic. My mother or my mate?

I turned and ran back to the club. To my mate.

"Where is she?" My voice was louder than ever. The place went quite instantly as people cowered away into corners. They number of humans in the club was low. And most of them just stared in horror as others prepped themselves to run for the hills.