Chapter 16:part three

SCARLETT'S POV

"Where do you do the washing?" I asked him before he could reach the door. "Washing?" He asked turning. "As in laundry,dirty clothes?" I said raising a brow. "Oh. Down stairs. Down a passage near the kitchen,second  door on your right." He said turning and opened the curtains.

On cold nights,like this I would normally sleep with the curtains drawn. It was his place not mine,so I kept my mouth shut.

My brows knitted in confusion. "There is a passage?" I said.  volume a little too high. He chuckled. "Yes there is." He said in a 'duh' voice. "Why do you want to go there anyway?" He leaned on the wall facing me. "I have a few things that I have to wash. Is there any washing powder and a softener in there?" I asked seating on the edge of the bed with my arms folded. "I don't know but you'll check  in the morning. Now you must go to sleep." He said sternly with an unwavering expression on his face. One that said I must do it or else...

"Earlier when I asked you what it was that you did for a living,you said you own a few companies. So tell me this among your 'few' companies,which one is the major one?" I asked changing the topic,as I crossed my legs. "Wildwood Industries." He said flatly. "Oh,it's a Tec company. I've heard of it. Been there even." I said a little proud of myself. It wasn't everyday that I got to get in such big companies.  "It is a very successful company might I also say. Now tell me,to what do you owe your success?" I asked with the outmost curiosity as my eyes followed his movements.

He moved from where he had been standing,in a rather constrictive pose might I add, and came to sit on the bed. Right next to me. I shifted a little further as to not hit his side as the bed dipped.

"Business is about people. And I've always been good with people. What motivates them. What incentivizes them. What inspires them."

Straight face on.

"Maybe you're just lucky." I said innocently and that earned me a chuckle from him.

His success may had been from pure lucky. Not many people would admit it. That they became successful by luck and he wouldn't be any different. Either way,he wouldn't actually be the first.

"I've always found out that the harder I work,the more luck I seem to have. The key to my success has been in identifying talented individuals and harnessing they efforts." He said as he stood from the bed and walked back to where he had been standing minutes ago. The difference this time was that instead of facing me,he looked out. "So you're a control freak." I stated bluntly.

Even though it wouldn't faze me if you were one.

I thought.

He instantly turned to face me and I froze at the sudden act. It didn't last long.

This kind was cold. It changed in a matter of seconds. No,a snap of a finder, it was now warm. He scrutinized me,my posture.

I  was in noway close to being relaxed but I masked it well. I hope. His eyes,his ocean blue eyes scanned me in a way,from head to toe them back to the head were he held my gaze firmly. My body  began to heat up and the room temperature felt like it had increasing drastically as the room got smaller.

Also keeping in mind that I was claustrophobic.

I wanted to shift from were I was seating,too... I was beginning to get a little uncomfortable and light headed and them he smirked. A habit of his I had still not got used to and I had i feeling I was not going to get used to it anytime soon. It took my mind of the feeling that was building inside me. That the room had miraculously shrank.

"Oh,I exercise control at all things,Ms Wilde." He said with as much seriousness as humanly possible. The way he said it made my throat go dry and I swallowed hard.