Chapter 34

"I can't go. You will have to go for me."

I gave Ana a disbelieving look. "You can't go? What axactly is stopping You from going?" I said shifting all my weight to one leg. She knew very well that tomorrow was the shareholders meeting and She also had a share in the company. We had both bought the same number of shares at 'WILDWOOD INDUSTRIES'. We both owned five percent of that company and like everyother shareholder,no matter how small had to attend.

It was a minor share but something considering the company was more than successful. And miraculously the day before leaving,monday,my dearest better half woke up not feeling so great. "I think I have got the flu." She said faking a cough,and I pinched the area between my eyes. "Yeah I also think you should stay. You are definitely sick." I said sarcastically.

"Your sarcasm is making it worse."

She faked another cough and a sniffle.

"I will go...alone. Since that is what you want." I said giving up,plus it was a one day thing. I would be returning the following day if I could not catch a late flight. She smiled widely. "You are the best friend ever. Now let me try and help you pack." She got up from the bed. "No need. I'm already done." I said zipping the bag.

I had packed a small bag to occupy  my clothes. One that I was gonna wear to the meeting and some for after,Other one for sleeping  and the other for when I came back. They weren't much. It was just the shoes. They always made it hard for me to travel light. And that made me take two bags. I could carry both but preferred not to.

---------

"We have arrived ma'am." Said the taxi driver as he dropped me off. I got out and went to open the back of the car for my stuff. A man more or less u age approached and offered to help.

"Thank You,Sir." I offered him a hand shake. "Scarlett rlett,nice to meet you." I said with the most pleasant of tones and genuine smile. "Ian. Nice to meet you." He said shaking my hand with a gentle hold. "So what are you doing here?" I tried to make small talk. The car had just dropped me off at ABER ROSE hotel. It was not exactly a five star hotel filled with rich snobs. But the fact remained,it was a beautiful hotel with very strict rules and I liked that. I was good at following rules. Sometimes.

"I work here." He said smiling to me. "Oh. I need to go and check in now. It was nice meeting you." I said separating from him. I pulled my bags to the reception area to check in and get my key card.

Room 301.

I got in the elevator and pushed the twenty second floor. I looked for the room number and found it on my left. It was six door from the elevator and faced a room that seemed to have been filled with girls. I could tell from their giggles and there were more that two.

The room was white and super clean. The floors and walls were white. The bathroom filled with the most recent technology.

I pulled the bags to the center of the room and left them there and went to the bathroom. I came back to find an early twenties woman wearing a maids' uniform fiddling with the bags. "Leave them,I will do it myself. Can I get a cup of black coffee with no sugar,please." I reached for the bags. She nodded. "Sorry about that. I thought you were room service." I said shyly as she stared at me eyes wide. Her smile widened a little.

"No problem. I actually thought they was no one in here. Sorry about that." She said with her head down. I nodded. It was not like she could even see me. She had a head down for God sake.

I didn't bother to unpack too much. Just the major important clothes.

She returned minutes later with the coffee and a cake slice and quickly dismissed herself. I was as tires as fuck and the coffee didn't even boost my energy. I was still as tired as before I even drank it.