Chapter 18

—Harry—

I watched as Alicia stepped into the jet and she kind of looked shocked. I went up to her, and gazed at the cream color interior of the plane, it got to me as well. I take Alicia’s hand and she looks up in surprise. “Let’s get to your seat Alicia,” I say.

I take her to the middle section and gently put her down. I let go of her hand and kneel in front of her. Taking the buckles, I put them over her stomach and then make sure they’re tightened. All this time, I was grinning.

“You like strapping me in, don’t you?”

I look up too see Alicia with a hint of a smirk on her beautiful lips. “Yes, I do.” I answer back truthfully. I get up and Alicia looks up at me with her tired eyes. I felt bad for her, I truly did. Her skin seemed to look washed out and very pale. She stifled a smile, but I didn’t. “If I bring you food,” I spoke with an authoritative voice. “You have to eat; you didn’t eat anything since last night.”

She looks up at me plainly and then turns her head away to stare through the window. I was to leave when Alicia caught my hand. She looked up at me. “Could I make call please?” She didn’t let go of my hand, so when I looked down at her scratched knuckles, she dropped her hand from mine and folded them in her lap.

I dig my hands into my pocket and type in the international code and hand her my phone. “Here,” I gently say and smile at her. She doesn’t look up at me instead takes the phone. Giving her some privacy I walk away to where Zayn was sitting, his ear covered in those big round headphones and bobbing his head back and forth.

“Zayn.” I call. No answer. I poke him with my index finger on his arm, and he still doesn’t budge. “Zayn!” I shout. He looks up at and takes off the huge head headphones, making them rest on his neck. “What?” He asks pathetically.

I open my mouth to answer when Paul’s voice comes in. “Do not yell Harry, how many times do I have to tell you lad?” He sounded pretty annoyed so I apologized. “Sorry Paul won’t happen again.”

Zayn was about to put his headphones back on when I said, “What is up with you and Alicia?” I wasn’t stupid, I saw all the glares Zayn threw at Alicia and I saw how uncomfortable she was. Zayn shifted around the seat so he was starting at me, since I was sitting on the hand seat.

“Harry,” he spoke calmly. “She’s trouble.”

“How do you even know?” I injected back at him. “Do you know what the hell she’s been threw?”

Zayn looked up questionably at me and with a little bit of pity. “She’s a Travie,” he deadpanned. I glared down at him, he was right. The lads knew how much trouble the Travie’s put us through, but she was different. “She’s my cousin,” I said softly.

“Oh really?” Zayn laughs and shakes his head. “You made me spent two hours in the morning searching for her number in the god damn yellow books. And you guys aren’t even cousins,” Zayn made sure he empathized on that word. “You guys are family enemies, and I’m happy to see you guys are getting along, but Haz, you want something from her.”

He had no idea how right he was. I looked down grimly, “Don’t scare her okay.” I didn’t want to have a fight with Zayn; he was one of my best mates. Zayn nodded and then put those headphones over his head, signaling the conversation was over. I looked down at his messy mop of hair and then got up. I went up to a tray and grabbed two water cups. Niall and Louis were asleep, white blankets over their heads. Liam was busy with his phone, probably texting, Danielle.

I decided that I would seat across Alicia, so as I went up to her, I heard her clipped tone of voice. “Just get it and meet me in the airport.”