Chapter 11

—Harry—

"Shut up," I sternly say to Alicia.

"Let me down," she protests and then winces in pain.

I managed to pay the cab with Alicia in my arms, bridal style and I wasn't enjoying it very much. She wasn't heavy but she kept thrashing around as if she was going to get raped. But then again, she had a reason; her fucking ass of a boyfriend beat the living shit out of her. I walk into the clinic with Alicia in my arms and scream at the sleepy nurse. "We have an emergency here!"

The nurse at the desk looked up annoyed and then her gaze shifted to Alicia and her eyes popped out of her head like a fish.

"Oh dear," she mumbled and called over a couple of nurses. Some nurses brought a bed with wheels on it and I gently laid Alicia down. But she gripped my jacket and stared into my eyes. "Don't leave me," she said her voice hoarse. "Please don't."

It broke my heart and I nodded and clutched her hand which wasn't broken. "I won't leave, I promise."

And then they wheeled her away. I wasn't aware that I was holding my breath, so I exhaled and slumped against the wall. I pushed mu curls out of my eyes and glared at the floor. One thing was sure; I was going to beat the crap out of Nick so bad that he wouldn't be able to look at a girl ever again. I didn't know what feelings were coursing through me but they weren't familiar, I haven't felt them for a long time. I felt barren, lost, like a puppy and I didn't like the feeling. I closed my eyes trying to think of ways to beat Nick up so the feeling of being lost would be replaced by anger and it worked.

My vision became blurry and red, tinted with revenge. Who beats a girl up like that? It was then what Chris Brown did to Rihanna. And I couldn't get the look of hostile out of her eyes when I went to touch her shoulders, something more than beating up happened. I was sure of that, because when I went to pick her up, she didn't just flinch away from me but her words were cold and harsh. "Don't fucking touch me."

Sure enough I ignored her and scooped her up in my arms. But I couldn't get the creepy feeling away from me. What the hell did Nick do to her?

"Excuse me."

I looked up to the voice and saw a nurse standing there, around thirty years old and she had a pained smile on her lips.

"What happened?" I asked in a loud voice and grabbed the nurse's shoulders. "She's alright right?!"

"My dear," the nurse removed my hands from her shoulders and they fell limp by my side. Then she looked me in the eyes. "She's alright dear, few broken ribs and fingers. Her jaw isn't broken and her legs are bruised very badly." She gave me a cautious look and then continued. "You can take her home now, but I want to know what happened to her?"

The nurses eyes turned cold and harsh but her voice seemed calm. She thought I did it?

"She's my friend," I said. "I really don't know how she got into this condition, but I will find out. Thank you so much, I would like to take her home."

The nurse stood there for a while examining me, I bet she was trying to see if I had beaten Alicia up but then she sighed and nodded. "Just tell me her name and we can discharge her."

"Alicia Travie," I spoke. "And I'm Harry Styles."

"And you're her....."

"Friend."

She nodded and walked off and I blew out a sigh of relief. If the nurses think I did this to her, I'm dead. I checked the time and it was around 6 in the morning. The lads didn't know that I sneaked out again to think and clear my head and I couldn't bring Alicia back to the apartment. I bit my lip trying to think and I saw a dazed Alicia walking towards me with the help of a nurse. I pushed off the wall and reached my arms out and Alicia took it, but her eyes were doubtful.