Chapter 5

-Alicia-

"Come on babe."

I peel my eyes open to the voice and I'm starting at my beautiful boyfriend, Nick.

"Nick," I greet and stretch my arms wide and then grin.

Nick gives me a grin and tugs the covers away from me, "We're gonna be late."

"B---"

"No buts, come on, up!"

Just like a military sergeant, Nick made me go to the bathroom, shower, and brush my teeth. I walk out of the bathroom and leap up and down as I see the breakfast Nick prepared.

"Babe, you are the best," I say as I sit myself down on a chair.

Nick serves breakfast to me and I glance up at him. I could not believe I got this lucky, I mean what boyfriend would make breakfast and get his lazy girlfriend up to take her sightseeing. But I was wrong, Nick wasn't the perfect boyfriend, he was a monster.

"Get the fuck up from the floor!"

I whimpered as I stood up and faced a red faced Nick. I could not believe this, he was hitting me!

"What did I do?" I scream back.

"You're talking back to me!" Nick yelled and his fingers closed around my throat.

I gasped, my lungs were on fire. I tried to breathe but my trachea was blocked and I knew my father was right. Nick was not the one. My eyes were going glassy and Nick released me and I fell coughing and trying to breathe. I glanced up as Nick was pacing around the hotel room and then he looked down at me and instantly I recoiled. His face was scary; it was out raged and red. His gray eyes screamed hate and fire. Nick gripped my forearm tight and instantly the grip loosened. He was now comforting me, instead of slapping me. I gulped but didn't say a word. This was the second time Nick lost it. The first time it happened when I went to get a haircut from some big New York parlor. I have a small face so the lady gave me a layer cut and it felt so good to get rid of all the thick hair. Nick came to pick me up and when I sat down; his eyes went up to my hair and suddenly he was gripping the steering wheel tight, his knuckles turning white.

"Don't you like it?" I ask and shook my head. "Finally I got myself a trim."

"That's not a trim," Nick answered and glared at my hair. "You look weird now, you looked better with you long hair."

I was appalled by his rude comment but kept it to myself. I let that comment slip and watched as the skyscrapers zoomed by. When he entered my hotel room and locked it behind him, I thought we'd watch movies but I was wrong. He slammed by body against the wall and gripped my face tight.

"Who bloody told you to cut your hair!?"

Then Nick slapped my face leaving me with a busted lip and then he walked out of the room, slamming the door. I cried and mechanically walked towards the refrigerator to get some ice and tender my lip. Nick did come back and I ran to the bathroom, locking the door.

"Babe?"

Nick turned the door knob and I cursed myself for not locking it. He stepped in and his face was apologetic.

"I'm so sorry Alicia; I don't know what came over me."

He came over and stroked my lip and gave a warm tender smile. He then walked me out of the bathroom and sat me on the bed. He un corked a tube of something and squeezed out a Vaseline jelly type thing. He then rubbed it on my lip with such care; I forgave him on the spot. I didn't take much of it, Nick lost it and then he needed to vent his anger out and I stood in the way. Later on, we cuddle up together on the sofa and watched chick flicks with a tub of chocolate.

But today was different; I had no idea why Nick was angry at me. I did nothing wrong. 

"You're telling me what you did?" Nick says softly as I sat on his lap and he ran his fingers up and down my arm.

I didn't answer, just closed my eyes as my boyfriends hands went down to my stomach.

"I don't want you near Mr. Angelo." He spoke the name with such hate. "I don't like the way he looks at you."

"But that's rid---"

"What's that?" Nick whispered in my ear.

"Nothing," I mutter.

"That's my girl," Nick said and gently bit my outer ear. "In fact, let's go back to London."

My jaw dropped and I quickly composed myself. "Nick," my voice cracked. "That's my profession, my class... I just can't quit."

"And why not?"

"My father paid for this."

"Alicia, your father has all the money in the whole damn world and it'd be nice if he could provide you with some so we could fly first class," he spoke hard but then calmed down. "Don't you love me?"

I pause and Nick grazed my neck and bit it a bit too hard.

"Yes," I say out of the pain and Nick kisses the wound he made with his teeth.

Nicks hand went down to my legs and the shifted me on the bed and tugged my shirt open. I knew where this was going and I closed my eyes waiting for it to be over.

Sex with Nick wasn't bad but it felt like masturbation. I never felt any pleasure but I never said a word. Nick was the one whom I lost virginity too and I sometimes regret it. But he is my boyfriend, actually my first. I never really went into dating and never really cared. But right now, I was wishing I was a virgin because I was sure Nick ripped something inside me. I slowly got up from bed, winching at the pain inside me and crept out of the bedroom. I sat down on the living room couch and my hand wandered over my cell phone. Should I call? No, I answer myself. I shouldn't. I wanted to do something so I put on a sweater and some shoes on and I was out of the hotel.

I'm sure Nick would find out and I'd get beaten up again but I couldn't handle it anymore. Nick wasn't the same gray eyed boy I fell in love with, or I thought I did. He hid it well when we were in London, but when I brought him to New York for my classes, he changed. Every mistake I would make he would agonize over that, making me feel small and non worthy. He would always blame me for his problems and at first I let them slip. Every man goes through a rough patch so I thought I'd give Nick his space and things would be normal again. But I was wrong, Nick became worse, his temper would never die, it would worsen. I sucked in a cold breath and entered some type of bar called Hooters. I grimaced as I saw girls strut pass me wearing practically nothing. I sat down in the corner and my hands went to my pockets searching for the cell phone I forgot to bring. I groaned and rubbed my face with my hands.

"Is this seat taken?"

I glance up at the voice and my world comes crashing down. What the hell was he doing here?