Chapter 8

—Alicia—

I was quickly trying to navigate the exit from the club, but the crashing bodies made it tough.

"Hey babe."

I look up in surprise and a red head grinned down at me.

"If you don't have a dick, get the fuck away from me," I snapped and pushed her out of the way.

The swaying bodies now seemed to disgust me and I wanted to throw up, I needed fresh air fast. I found the exit sign and pushed the door which caught the bouncer off guard.

"Sorry," I mumbled and quickly moved away.

I took in a big gulp of New York City's cold air and then slowly exhaled from my nose. My head was throbbing and I kept seeing doubles. I gave a little burp and rested my palms on my knees. I was suddenly aware that I was panting and I turned around to see Harry coming forward. I turned around and closed my eyes; I did not want to see his face. I kept my eyes for a several seconds and when I opened them I saw Nike sneakers. My eyes trailed upwards and Harry was starting down at me.

"Good?" he asks his voice rough and husky. It was so hot, it made my insides burn, not good.

I straighten my back and nod. "Fine."

"Let me drive you home," he said and walked forward to his car.

I follow him, I had no choice. And also, I didn't want to ride in a cab, Nick would find out and I'd get another dose of beating. I grab my hoodie and wear it and watch as Harry starts the car.

"Harry?" I asked. "You're drunk, you shouldn't be driving."

Harry gave out a low chuckle as he backed out of his parking spot. "No big." Then he looked into my eyes. "I won't kill you.... yet." He gave a wink and then put the car in drive.

I sink into the white leather seat and rest my arm on the arm handle. "Be careful," I warn. Harry gave out a chuckle and drove as if the alcohol didn't bother him a bit. And here I was, squinting and my stomach churning.

I licked my lips and it tasted like alcohol and mint, just like Harry's. I grinned a bit, even though it was wrong of me to make out with him like that, I liked it which frightened me. Right now I needed to think of an excuse for Nick, but it's not he was going to listen to me. I suddenly felt scared, what was Nick going to do to me now? I glanced out the windows, not paying attention where Harry was taking me too. I closed my eyes and then after a few minutes I opened them in alarm. Something was not right.

I raise my head off my arm and notice Harry was standing outside and blue red lights were flashing. Shit. The cops were here and Harry was seemed like he was negotiating with the officer. The officer looked at me and then to Harry. The cop went to his car and came back with some sort of black instrument. Harry inhaled and then put it into his mouth. My jaw dropped as I saw the red lights flashing. It was measuring his alcohol intake and it was high, very high. He was driving me home with 2.3 pints of alcohol?! Was he crazy?

Then the cop looked at me and Harry gave me a look of uncertainty. The cop came to my side and opened the door of the car.

"In your mouth," he said.

I hesitated, wondering how many people put that in their mouth. I shuddered but then Harry put it and I already mixed my spit with him, so no big deal. I opened my mouth and put the device in my mouth. The red numbers stared increasing and I looked in horror as my alcohol level was just like Harry's. The cop took it out of my mouth and wiped my mouth on the sleeve of my hoodie.

I cast Harry a wary cast but he looked determined. The cop then called me forward and I was side by side with Harry. I looked at the ground, I was dead. Worse than dead.