Chapter 22

—Alicia—

Harry's words rang in my head as I waited in the elevator.

'Treat you like a princess but fuck you like a whore.'

Those weren't the nicest words or something you'd usually say. It was pretty blunt for him to say that, and more likely to whisper it seductively in my ear. The elevator doors opened and I made my way to the huge sliver locked door. The building which I was currently living in was owned by my brother and we owned the top floor whereas the rest were on rent. We didn't use keys, instead the building had a pad lock system, where you had to punch in the code and enter your house, kinda like a safe.

So when my fingers punched in the code, it didn't work. I tried again, and it was the same. The password was wrong and I was angry and panicked. Angry because I know I didn't change the password and panicked because someone might be inside. And being a paranoid person, I decided to go on the latter, which was panicking. My hands flew in to my pocket of my jeans and I pulled out my phone, calling management. As I was about to dial, I heard the door's locks unbolt and change. The sliver steel door opened, revealing someone with green eyes, ringlets of curls, and a huge grin etched on their face.

It was my best friend, Ka-o.

"Ka-o!" I scream in happiness and beam. With my cell phone in hand, I wrap my arms around my tall friend and squeeze him.

I hear him laughing. "Chocking a man here," He jokes and makes a playful gagging sound, which in turn makes me smile even more.

I pull back, happiness flooding through my veins. My best friend was here! And then I realized that Ka-o was in the apartment, which meant he changed the password, which made the locks change. He must've noticed my mood shift, so he stepped aside and motioned with one of his arms. "Welcome to my crib." Just like Harry.

I roll my eyes and playfully smack his chest as I walk inside the apartment. I take my flats off and place my phone on a glass table. Ka-o closes the door and walks into the living room, plopping himself on the white leather couch. He crosses one long leg over the other and grins up at me. "So, where were you?"

I open my mouth to answer him, but quickly I stop. I couldn't tell him that I was with Harry Styles. It's not that he would flip but he'd interrogate me, especially about Nick which was a touchy subject. So my mind quickly raced for an answer.

"Park," I answer, making sure I sounded believable, since I wasn't the most fluent liar. Ka-o doesn't answer back like he would usually do. Nor does he smile, which mean something was up. I go sit myself on an arm chair and cross my legs. Ka-o was still looking at me with his dark green eyes and I felt uncomfortable.

He had no expression on his face, but his eyes intensified. An expression he would love to call, 'the cracker.' I have no idea where he came up with the name, but it served a purpose. The dull expression he was wearing meant he knew something which someone else didn't, which could pose a great threat or make someone super rich, I really don't know. But whenever he used that face the 'someone' which meant me, would blurt everything out.

So I let my eyes explore each furniture, as if I suddenly interested in them. And I knew I wasn't putting on a good show, because he chuckled and then sighed. "Aly, I can see through you. And I know everything."

This made me look at him, his face became serious and his eyes cold. I squeak in terror, "Everything?"

"Every nitty gritty detail Alicia."

I gulped; he was no leaning into me, his legs wide open, with his folded hands hanging from below. He truly looked pissed off. I looked away, thinking of an answer. I racked my brain but it was happening, it was like my brain shut off completely. Leaving me with no defensive, I couldn't utter the words, 'I'm fine.' But as I looked back at Ka-o, he'd kill me if I told him I was 'fine.'