Chapter 29

—Harry—

Alicia and Rose walking side by side towards the mansion.

Gemma glared at the two when they entered inside the house and I looked everywhere around the dining hall but just not at them two. "Uncle Leo!" I heard Rose chirp.

I felt Gemma elbow me and I turn to glare at her. I was not in the mood today.

Mums shoulder stiffened and I gave a gentle pat and turned my glance to Alicia who was avoiding hugging Leo. "C'mon Alicia!" Leo laughed and pulled in Alicia with his free arm to his chest. "My two girls are growing up so fast."

My eyes met Alicia's and I gave a small smile and she returned with a curt nod and tried to look happy but really her eyes said it all she wasn't happy to be here. While Rose looked happy being smudged against Leo Alicia looked like she was going to suffocate and die any moment.

I watched as they interacted and Liberty greeted my Mum and they small talked for a while. Gemma and I kept ourselves flanked by our mother but I really didn't want to be here right now. I didn't want to be part of this divorce processing they were going to do because I would see my mums world crumble right in front of my eyes and I couldn't take that pain. All I needed was to get out of this house and breathe for a second. 

"Well," Leo clapped his hand and looked directly at me, "Let's get this started."

I really wanted to punch him right there. He was having fun taking life out of my mum and here I was doing nothing about it. Liberty and Gage seated themselves while Rose and Alicia were just awkwardly behind the lawyers. Gage was looking through the papers and then with a flick of his hand, he sent the folder sliding down the wooden table towards my mother. "Anne, your side is considered and if you're ready to sign then we can get this over with."

Mum looked at the file and bile rose in my throat as I glared at Gage Travie. He looked at me with no emotion in his eyes. He was a heartless man and you could tell just by one look. Mum opened the file and looked through each paper and document and I heard a sigh escape her lips. "Well Leo, it doesn't state what I get or what you Travies took away from us. I want a file of that too."

My eyes widened and I was looking down at her scalp since I couldn't see her face. I wasn't the only shocked one because Leo coughed in utter disbelief. "Anne," Leo responded to my mother, "Right now? We need to get our papers signed and then—"

"Then what?" Mum asked sharply. "Then you get to be a free man and do what the hell you want? No, if we're doing this I want my share of what you stolen from us."

"Anne you—"

"Leo," Gage interrupted looking very calm and nodded to my mother. "If we give our share of the oil company will you agree? Yes, I do understand that we... stole as you say in your words but I'll be happy to give our share of the company." His eyes flicked to me and then a heartless cold smile evaded his lips. "But who's going to run it Anne. Your son is busy with the rock star life."

"Who are you t—" I was about shoot back at Gage, anger boiling in me. I didn't care who he was he was messing with the wrong family.

"Harry maybe busy but I'm not," Mum said and I heard a smile in her voice. "Or else this divorce won't happen."

"Anne you're blowing out of proportion," Leo huffed. "We didn't discuss thi—"

"We didn't discuss about our marriage during our divorce did we?"

Leo shook his head, "Anne please understand—"

"The woman get what she wants," Gage butted in shocking Leo. "If Anne wants to own half my oil company she can. There is no point in fighting about this. Here's the deal Anne, you own with us and all your profit goes to me."