Chapter 27

—Alicia—

It was dead set night now and it way too quiet.

Too quiet.

My back was still turned avoiding Harry but I had the pricking feeling to turn around and make sure he was there. I was a hundred percent sure Harry wouldn't try anything on me because my scary brother was in the other room, probably snoring. And I was a jittery person from my recent traumas, being in an abusive relationship and getting stuck in an elevator with water seeping in to kill me. Death was pretty sure pinned on me until Harry saved me. So it's pretty sure that Harry wouldn't dare lay a finger on me or else all hell would break loose.

Since my prickling feeling wasn't going to ease, I went through today's events. All I could say is that I owe Harry my life. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here, breathing, nor thinking. And Nick's beating was still stinging underneath with his finger prints written all over my flesh. I knew that I was going to walk with that hurting forever in my life. I inwardly took a deep breath, held for a few minutes and then let it out as a raspy huff.

I didn't want to be weak or the type of girl who's always afraid of everything. I didn't want to be afraid of Nick, Harry, or my god forsaken brothers. I still had my pride in me, a very little piece though but it was still there. I closed my eyes, letting the jumble thoughts tangle themselves and then start letting them deteriorate. I was trying aimlessly to fall asleep but then Ka-o popped up into my head and then Liberty did as well. Kai knew what happened to before anyone told him but then again, it was Ka-o. He could wrestle out feelings and thoughts from anyone but I had to find out how he knew. And then there was Liberty and she told me Harry told had told her everything that happened.

Harry told me what he merely saw and heard. He doesn't know the whole story.

Those were the words Liberty said as she caressed my hair whilst I was on her lap, crying my eyes out. I bit my lip, trying to constraining myself from thinking about Nick. Nick was a border line psychopath and I knew he would come and find me and probably kill me.

"Alicia?"

I quickly closed my eyes shut and made my breathing deep and shallow.

"Alicia, I know you're not asleep."

I squeezed my eyes as I started panicking. Harry's voice was so deep and I swear, I would die at how low and it sounded. And oh so husky. I bit lip from breathing hard and my insides were scrambled eggs right at this point. I didn't dare to answer and concentrated on keeping my breathing at a normal space, I was absolutely sure Harry could hear my chocked up breathing.

And from his stupid voice.

Harry didn't speak again, and slowly my heart beat came to a normal stance until I felt the bed dip beside me. I flung my eyes open in surprise and felt clumps of hair on the outer part of my ears.

"Alicia," Harry's deep voice persisted me. "I know you're not asleep, might as well answer me."

"I was asleep," I spoke quietly, my voice sounding rusty. "Until now."

"Oh Alicia," Harry chuckled in the dark as I felt an arm snake over my waist. My eyes widened at the touch and my breathing hitched again. "You're such a terrible liar or you sleep talk. So which one is it Travie?"

Forgetting the fact that Harry could literally feel my fast paced breathing, I was shocked at that Harry thought I was a sleep talker. "Pardon?"

"You were speaking you're thought out loud," Harry clarified.

"What?" I ask breathlessly. "No, I didn't. I—"

"Nick is a border line psychopath and I wonder if he'll come and kill me, which he most probably will," Harry voiced out my thoughts.