Chapter 31

—Alicia—

"You can't just stay silent. For the love of God, say something."

Harry was sitting on top of my bed looking at me, frowning. I still haven't said a word once we entered inside. I purse my lips, thinning them out as I looked over my drawer for a good pair of pants and a shirt.

Harry tries again. "Alicia," he shakes his head, "come on it wasn't my fault that you're doctor...." I winced as those words came out of his mouth. "I mean," Harry started again, his eyes scanning me, "I made a promise to Emerald."

I push back one of the drawers and lean against it looking at Harry with distaste. I rank him with my eyes and exhale. "I'm pretty sure you've broken promises before Harry. What makes me so special?"

Harry's eyes narrowed at me for a second and then dropped the gaze to the floor. His fingers were plucking the threads on my bed sheet. "Alicia, why do you take me for someone who wants to burn down houses for the kicks?"

I inhaled sharply being thrown back slightly to his response. I nibble on my lip as Harry raises his head and cocks his head to the side. "Because that's what you come off as. You're famous Harry, I can't trust you. And the things you have done well, what does that say about you?"

To my surprise Harry chuckled, "You mean my character?" Harry looked direct into my eyes and gave a tight smile, "I'm tired of being judged because I'm 'famous.'"

It was impossible talking to him and I knew it. Harry was one of those insightful people who would make you wonder about their every word.

Intellectual, my mind whispered.

"Where you going?" Harry said as I made my way across the room to my dresser.

I picked up my comb and quickly combed through the knots. From the mirror, Harry's gaze was set on me and one of his hands was still plucking away on my bed sheet. "Stop getting the threads out of my bed sheet."

He didn't seem to hear but the left corners of his lips twitched upward as he kept plucking on. I roll my eyes placing the clothes and comb on the dresser and walk towards Harry. With force, I pull his hand back and drop it. "Stop it," I said and looked up at him.

Harry's eyes were beautiful, but that would be an understatement. His eyes shone like emeralds when placed into the light and the color of it was exotic. My eyes rank over his features and then stopped on his mouth. Harry brings his face closer to me. "Do you want me to take off my clothes now," he whispers.

"And you ask me why," I answer back in disgust.

I back away and quickly retrieve my things from the dresser and hear Harry's cackling laughter. Shutting the bathroom door I get to work blocking out his laughter which resembled a dying goat.

"I'm trying to make an effort here," Harry spoke from the bar, swiveling in the chair. I needed to refill my insides with something, and what could be better than some vodka. "I don't want to hear your voice Harry," I said as I placed a bottle on the counter and grinned at it. I don't usually do this or come near the alcohol bar but I needed it.

"Alicia, are you sure about this?" Harry looked uncertainly at the bottle and tilted his head sideways, looking at me. "Alcohol is never the solution to a problem. In fact...."

"Shut up will you?" I fire back. I twist the top off with a little more effort than I thought I'd needed and smiled when a familiar 'pop' sound filled the air. I push the bottle to the side and placed both my elbows on the table smirking at Harry. "Well, since you're here, care for a drink?"

Harry was still looking uncertain eyeing the bottle. Dismissing the thought of the consequences, I turn around and grab two shot glasses. "You are a famous pop star where you club and party mostly everyday..."